Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer/KOTOR game help needed.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Default Computer/KOTOR game help needed.

Hi gang! I'm hoping you can help me out.

I've heard everyone talking about KOTOR, but I've never played it. I found a used copy recently, (no instructions, of course), and installed it. It seemed to install OK, but when I went to play it, I got an error message.

When it checked to see if the computer was able to run it, I got a message that said something about Open GL, and that I had 1.1.0, and I required a 1.3.0 driver.

I know how to use a computer, but when it comes to the inner workings, I don't know a lot. I understand that I need a driver of some sort, but where can I find it?

Can someone help?
    Last edited by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie; 05-10-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Hey Obi-Dar-

openGL is a the industry standard for high level grahics display (cross platform) I believe..

usually the game woudl have came with an updated verions (Not a gammer though).. but goggleing it or update openGL or somethign similar, shoudl help you resolve any issues.

maybe check your video card mfg.

Might just need to update your video card driver.Which card have have you got?

Ati here: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Nvidia here: http://www.nvidia.com/

Council Member
    Jedi Master

That's what I figured. How do I figure out which card I have?

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

If you go to either site posted above they should have a feature that will tell you if you have the latest driver and what driver you have. Ati and nvidia usually have about the same stuff, for example I have an ATI card and running nvidia driver, don't know why but that's how it works. I had to do the same thing for another game awhile back nvidida did a scan and told me which one to use very simple.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

Varies a bit depending on which version of Windows you've got so probably the easiest way is to run dxdiag from the Run box on the start menu in 98/me/xp or type dxdiag into the search box at the bottom of the start menu on vista.Then click the display tab in dxdiag and it will be listed under device.

You can right click on "My Computer" and select properties. Under the Hardware tab, click on Device Manager. When you expand the Display Adapters, it should show you what type of video card you have.

I forgot to mention that once you expand the Display Adapters, you can right click on the adapter you'll be given the option to update the driver right there.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

OK. I tried that, and it said that I didn't need to upgrade it.

Now I get this error message:
    Attached Images Attached Images

drwtsn32.exe is an error debugging tool built into windows; runs in the background, and you usually never see it. Not sure why it's failing; the 0xc000005 is kind of vague. Could be HD space, RAM going bad, wrong screen resolutions set in Windows, the game, or both... Any number of things.
    Last edited by SpectreT65; 05-10-2008 at 06:14 PM.
    "In the battle with one's self, there can be no winner, for the victor and vanquished are one and the same"

-Me