Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Computer/KOTOR game help needed.

My advise is that once you beat it doing whatever "side" you do (light or dark), that you go back and play again, changing your alignment to whatever is opposite. The dialog and such changes throughout based on those choices.

I've played each game 4 times:
    Male/light
    Male/dark
    Female/light
    Female/dark

...and storyline + NPC interaction/dialog/etc all changed accordingly....it rocked.

Both KOTOR games are among my personal favorites.

Of course I'm playing them in reverse order.

The sequel had better gameplay, was smoother looking, and on a personal note had better robes and I was able to have a beard. Only negative was that it was rushed, and planets like Korriban are over quickly as most of the content was cut there and the entire plot line of Hk-47.

The first though has a story that so far is much more in depth. I am really enjoying it now. The characters so far seem more developed. I'm just not as much of a fan of the Jedi Robes I've seen so far.

Wish they created a MMO for this time in star wars, instead of Galaxies which shouldn't even utilize Jedi! errrr
    -The force is my ally.

The only gripe ive got with the original KOTOR is it takes sooooo long to get off the first planet, I keep getting the urge to play it again but all that Taris malarcy does my head in!

Full of Win & Awesome. Current ranking, 10 internetz.
    Sponsoring internetz increases levels of Win & Awesome.
    Barmic youve got me started on something now

Or the fact I bought it day 1 and they had like a million bad copies and of course I got one LOL!
    -The force is my ally.

Taris goes by quite quickly after the first time through. However, Telos, in KotOR II, takes for-friggin-ever to get through no matter what.

Both were awesome games in my opinion. KotOR II had a few more little easter eggs, like the silver lightsaber, but it was easier to get into the original.

In the first KotOR, the planet I couldn't stand was Manaan. Taris was a light, quick, side quest compared to that drudgery.
    "In the battle with one's self, there can be no winner, for the victor and vanquished are one and the same"

-Me

Oy, Manaan! I am currently replaying KOTOR and am on Manaan now(~20 hrs in). Oh, the humanity!! Sorry I couldn't help with the install, all that driver/compatibility nonsense is the reason I bought an Xbox :P Have fun - KOTOR is a great game.
    A.
    You only live twice:
    Once when you are born
    And once when you stare death in the face.

-Fleming, after Basho

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I've only played it as far as the first scene to see if it worked. I haven't really had the time to sit down with it since.

Sounds like there are some tough areas to get through. Kind of like slogging through "Conker's Bad Fur Day" on the N64. There was one level that I couldn't get through to save my life. I beat my head against the wall for about 30 hours total before I finally beat the game.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I know a good site that has a Walkthrough, as well as other info about the game, if you get stuck.

I tend to like to play this way, so I don't miss anything, or get too frustrated. Some look at is as cheating, but I still have to do everything in the quests.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!