Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Favorite scene/moment from a Star Wars Movie

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by supertrogdor

slashy slashy wooo woo<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The sword of a warrior, the soul of a poet..I couldn't have said it any better! lol

You don't need to see any identification.

blood, death, gore, and destruction, all major components for a kick #@* movie, he he

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

During the Empire Strikes Back, the moment Darth Vader tells Luke:

Vader - "Obi-One never told you what happened to yor father."
    Luke - "He told me enough, he told me you killed him."
    Vader - "No, I am your father."

It changed the entire dynamic of the series and was the greatest scene Lucus ever wrote.

lucas didn't write it.
    lawrance kasdan and leigh brackett wrote the screenplay.
    in the 5 page (mostly descriptions of the action scenes) story draft that he DID write, lucas wrote "vader reveals some secret about his father that luke cannot bear".
    look on joblo.com and compare the 4th draft with the final draft, it says "insert B: dialogue added here" where THE lines go.
    Mark hamill did the scene with "Obi wan killed your father" and in fact that was the "decoy" line in the script right up until a couple of weeks before release. he found out when the rest of us did.
    only brackett, kasdan, james earl jones, ben burtt, gary kurtz and lucas knew that it was going to be "I am your father" until the premiere.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

cool, leave to lucas to come up with a plan like that. ive seen other movies that were done the same way too. because of it bein a high anticipated release, they do that kinda thing to keep ya guessing.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

it was a rather climactic moment, you have a little slashy slashy woo woo, a little hand choppy choppy and then oh by the way son, come join me on the dark side because i am your father... how can you not enjoy that kind of story.

speaking of slashy slashy,
    does anyone agree with me that the prequels should have had at least one empty handed fist fight? maybe with Windu? like, has anyone seen Batman Dead End?

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dbraxton9

does anyone agree with me that the prequels should have had at least one empty handed fist fight? maybe with Windu? like, has anyone seen Batman Dead End?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree. All of the jedi's I have imagined or written stories about are good at unarmed combat and it's not just a subnote but written into the plot. One of my favorite characters, which is actually where I get my handle "desert scorpion" is a jedi who uses almost all hand to hand and uses his lightsaber only when necessary. He usually uses it either to defend from another saber or as a finishing move. He's still superb at saber battling, he just likes to hear bones crunch under his fists. To me he's kind of what I would imagine Maul as if he was a good guy. Maybe enjoying causing pain a little too much.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by supertrogdor

it was a rather climactic moment, you have a little slashy slashy woo woo, a little hand choppy choppy and then oh by the way son, come join me on the dark side because i am your father... how can you not enjoy that kind of story.

I know, right?? On some ol' "This style of cheating has been passed down the Skywalker Line for generations!!" []

Who gets the Full Metal Alchemist Reference, hmm??

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dbraxton9

Check out The Clone Wars, Vol I. That gives you a great example of a Jedi's hand-to-hand capabilities, namely Mace's. Too crucial!

I like the fact, though, that the Jedi use their sabers for psyche warfare as well. At the point of Ep. I-III, they were the only game in town, so e'ryone knew what time it was when someone pulled one.