Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Favorite scene/moment from a Star Wars Movie

well spoken naashar, mace was pretty dang awesome in that clone wars clip, grand use of hand to hand combat, the force and such, i am a big fan of his disassembly of the battle droid then shooting its parts at a bunch more to take them out, that was quite excellent

since i am also a classic star trek fan, i kinda wanted to see a fight like the one at the end of Star Trek III where Kirk is kicking the klingon in the head saying "I'm getting sick [kick] of [kick] YOU! [kicks him into the erupting lava below]. I always pictured MacGregor saying this to Hayden as he kicked him into the lava to become vader ever since 2002.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

oh yeah, you mentioned Clone Wars. I forgot which episode it was, but I LOVED the scene where yoda is trying to convince the queen to do something and he uses his jedi mind control to make her guard tell her, and he is still using yoda's goofy grammar. THAT was good writing! it shoulda been in one of the movies.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dbraxton9

since i am also a classic star trek fan, i kinda wanted to see a fight like the one at the end of Star Trek III where Kirk is kicking the klingon in the head saying "I'm getting sick [kick] of [kick] YOU! [kicks him into the erupting lava below]. I always pictured MacGregor saying this to Hayden as he kicked him into the lava to become vader ever since 2002.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Now, you gotta admit, ewan was looking rather pained as he exclaimed "You were the Chosen One!" He was uuupppseett...

Even his tone when he was advising ani ("Don't do it, Anakin; I have the high ground.") It was if he was saying "I've been just letting you vent until this point. If you wanna go ahead and jump, li'l froggie, you'll be sooooorrrryyyyy." Teasing him, even.

You don't need to see any identification.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by supertrogdor

well spoken naashar, mace was pretty dang awesome in that clone wars clip, grand use of hand to hand combat, the force and such, i am a big fan of his disassembly of the battle droid then shooting its parts at a bunch more to take them out, that was quite excellent

It was like every move compounded the how versatile one could be when nearly infinitely-abled and singly-minded.

How about when he's running at full-Force speed, does the dodeca-gainer, and clears the area for his landing?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dbraxton9

oh yeah, you mentioned Clone Wars. I forgot which episode it was, but I LOVED the scene where yoda is trying to convince the queen to do something and he uses his jedi mind control to make her guard tell her, and he is still using yoda's goofy grammar. THAT was good writing! it shoulda been in one of the movies.

Right!!! Pounded his fist, and everything!! lol

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by supertrogdor

I dunno, Clone Wars was pretty awesome, but Mace bordered on silly when he started punching droids. There's a fine line between kick-ass and ridiculous.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

Best scene in my opinion is the final saber battle between Obi-wan & Anakin. Fantastic!!!

Tiberius

I dunno I kinda liked Mace punching the droids. it was a bit silly, but Windu is Sam L. Jackson's character, and SLJ seems to be one of the great "open up a can of whomp ass" actors. I think that thought may have been crossing the minds of the animators:

"what would a true Sam L. Jackson character do?"
    "why, open up a can of whomp ass, of course!"
    "yes, quite right, quite right."

ok maybe not exactly like that but the basic idea lol.

btw, if the same post appears above this one, sorry...I had to send it about 5 times before it went through. my internet connection sucks like an airplane toilet.

i love the duel between obi wan and darth maul on tattooine or some other deserty planet

The Dark Side will kill you
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com