Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite scene/moment from a Star Wars Movie

ebay. and get it on cd as the cassette versions are cheap and flimsy and won't last.
    also, it is not called A New Hope, this was long before empire came out.
    be prepared to take a day off work, it's 6 1/2 hours long and you WON'T be able to turn it off.
    it has the following cool stuff:
    scenes on tatooine with biggs,luke and his friends (1/2 hour)
    Leia and her family having diplomatic dinners with imperial officers on alderaan
    han and jabba, much better than the redundant scene in the movie
    Kenobi training luke on the falcon (1/2 hour)
    vader torturing leia (1/2 hour)
    vader and kenobi dueling (1/2 hour)
    death star battle (1/2 hour)
    LOTS and LOTS of Imperial intrigue with officers vying for political positions and plotting vader's demise! and a lot more...
    It has Hamill and Daniels only from the movie, everybody else is a different actor, some arguably better than the movie actors. Perry King almost got the film part but harrison ford had already worked with lucas before so he got it. Solo is a much bigger ******* in the play, more selfish, rude and disrespectul, therefore his turnaround at the end is more meaningful. Vader is WAY meaner, angrier, and sounds more psychotic than James Earl Jones made him. obi wan (character, not the actor)is the biggest improvement to me, he is truly mystical and imparts genuine wisdom as contrasted with the half assed fortune cookie bull**** yoda says in the prequels. if you think you like star wars, beware!! the radio play is way better and totally smokes all subsequent sequels, prequels, and elaborations. YES IT IS AS GOOD AS THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK movie. the OTHER sequel radio plays are much shorter and not as good (John Lithgow is one of my favorite actors but he SUCKS as yoda in the empire play), lacking the magnificent depth of the first one. they are longer and more elaborate than the films though and definitely worth listening to.
    seriously dude, my love of star wars only began with the movie, THIS version is where I became a total Star Wars casualty. Wanna learn more about the force? want it to sound more transcendent and paradoxical and USEFUL,like it did in the beginning, instead of childishly simplistic moralizing and admonitions? want to FEEL it when Biggs gets waxed at the end? get the radio play on CD. you will not regret it.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

oh yeah they made it into a paper back too, it's only like $5 on ebay wheras the cds are like $60

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

That sounds great, Dbrax. I'm on it!

sorry about the confusion, I should have been paying more attention. I'll have to look into that.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

My favorite scenes are the battle between heroes: the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan and the last fight between Luke and Vader. Both were emotional and both really empasized the emotions of the two combatants. They were awesome.[]

Dbrax, i saw episodes 4 and 5, did you see 6 in paperback?

no, actually i didn't know they had 5 in PB either.
    thanks for letting me in on that.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by thestr8metaledge

ok maybe I'm twisted but...my personal favorite is when Anakin starts hunting down the Jedi in ROTS and walks into the room with all the students. and one of them runs to him asking for help...and all he does is ignite his saber to make it even more blatantly obvious that every child in that room is going to die.
    like I said, call me twisted, but I found that scene incredibly bad**s.

the duels between Yoda and Sidious and Vader/Skywalker ROTJ duels are close seconds. I mean come on...Yoda is the the freakin MAN lol
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah, it was pretty tight! []

You don't need to see any identification.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by desertscorpion

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by thestr8metaledge

ok maybe I'm twisted but...my personal favorite is when Anakin starts hunting down the Jedi in ROTS and walks into the room with all the students. and one of them runs to him asking for help...and all he does is ignite his saber to make it even more blatantly obvious that every child in that room is going to die.
    like I said, call me twisted, but I found that scene incredibly bad**s.

Dude, you are twisted! But, I do have to admit that one of my favorite parts is when Anakin goes to Mustafar and cleans house. Especially the line "Lord Sidious promised us peace!" Love it.

I know, right?! It was even forcasted to 'em: "My new apprentice, Lord Vader will take care of you.." Man, if they couldn't get "Chance of Pain with Heavy Screaming" outta that, they deserved every strike...

You don't need to see any identification.

the goons on mustafar deserved everything they got, i dont think anyone can deny that, they did order the sluaghter of oodles of people with thier battle droids, a little slashy slashy wooo woo was in their destiny