Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite scene/moment from a Star Wars Movie

Default Favorite scene/moment from a Star Wars Movie

Hey guys,

I'd rather shoot the breeze with you guys about this than anyone. So, what is your favorite scene or moment from a Star Wars movie?
    Mine is definitely Vader saving Luke from the Emperor in ROTJ (though, the rest of the movie, as a whole, is my least favorite of the series). My second favorite is the final showdown with Maul in Phantom.

Good topic, bigtyme! I've a few:

1. The entire Bespin showdown (Vader v. Skywalker), TESB, Dialogue esp.

I'd have to say this is where we really get a hint of the thoroughness that is Vader. Any "faceless" villian must be established by means other than sneers; Vader's lines are immortal! From "The Force is strong with you, young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi, yet" all the way to "You are beaten. It is useless to resist", here is where we really get to see Vader at his masterful best. Don't get me wrong; in ANH, his throwing off of Kenobi's shackles with the line "when I left you, I was but the Learner; now I am the Master" and his snide "admonishment" of the unbelieving Imperial Officer ("I find your lack of faith..disturbing") had already done more than enough to entrench Vader in my psyche as truly..ill-tempered. But nearly every line he delivers in ESB can be classified as..classic. See his promotion of the Captain to Admiral in the space of a sentence during the asteroid field scene to remove any doubts.

**That's the first of a few discourses I've got up my tunic sleeve; lemmee know what you think. Thanks for lis'nin'.

Oh, does "The Clone Wars Vol I and II" count??

You are beaten. It is useless to resist.

the twin sunset with the Luke Skywalker theme music in SW is almost a religious image to me.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dbraxton9

the twin sunset with the Luke Skywalker theme music in SW is almost a religious image to me.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Mine's either that, or the part in the ROTJ duel where Luke and Vader really go at it while the choir's singing the Sith theme in the background.

I don't think I can pick just one scene...

The Bespin duel with Luke and Vader is probably the most gripping image from my childhood.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

The Bespin duel was very... depressing. I don't like it when the bad guys win. It sucks. If Luke had won (or at least not gotten whupped), then I would've liked it more.

Not sure if it would be my Favorite but.......

rarely have I been as awed and excited as I was when seeing ANH in it's original release in the theater...when it all began...when Leia's ship appeared on screen and was followed by the Imperial Star Destroyer.....and followed......and followed......and followed.....
    there had never been anything like it on screen before.
    I remember sitting next to my dad and saying "Holy SH*%!" and my dad being so awed by it that he didn't crack me one as he would normaly have done........

I knew I was in for the ride of my life then.

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.

My favorite scene from when I was a kid was the first time we see two jedi/sith toe to toe with lightsabers. I know the dual was kinda week compared to everything else we have now seen, but Obi-Wan and Vader swinging and clashing those lightsabers and old Ben saying: "If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." I was in a complete state of shock, that was to cool.

Now for my favorite scene these days, Episode III opening. I have no doubt that reading the book before going to see the movie and that my dad is a pilot had a bit to do with my excitement about the first scene.(If you haven't read the book give it a try, lots of detail left out of the movie and it makes Palpatine even more evil.) Two Jedi Starfighters dropping into the battle, every twist and turn copied perfectly by each other. Two jedi as one that the enemy see's and says oh crap, I'm a sucker for that one ranger,one riot stuff too

Best lightsaber battle would be EP III Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. Awsome choreography.

Nightwing- I know what you mean but I think it was way to important to show that Vader was way beyond Luke's abilities at that time and he toyed with him untill Luke got that lucky hit on the arm and ticked off Vader enough for him to cut loose with his anger and power.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by james3Nightwing- I know what you mean but I think it was way to important to show that Vader was way beyond Luke's abilities at that time and he toyed with him untill Luke got that lucky hit on the arm and ticked off Vader enough for him to cut loose with his anger and power.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I understand the story reasons, but that doesn't make it any more or less enjoyable to watch my hero's hand get cut off.

it's that whole father/son Karma thing....parallels....

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.