Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here not excited?

Default Anyone here not excited?

This is just short rant, but I just watched the trailer for The CLone Wars coming out this summer. While the animation is very impressive, for some reason I'm not excited to see it. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to see it in the theater, but I'm more excited for Indiana Jones, and The Dark Knight than I am for Star Wars.

Am I alone?
    Follow Your Bliss

I feel the same way, I was wondering if it was just me...
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

Im NOT 'anything' for Indiana Jones.. I think the lull/wait has thrown me over the years.. classic? of course.. just not feeling it..

Batman.. of course.

I havent seen Iron Man yet either..but I plan on it. (even though Downey Jr. is in it)

HEY, but what if it was Morton Downey Jr. , Iron man would be throwing chairs at his foes!
    EDIT: god I feel old for knowing that, and if you got the joke YOU should feel old too! imagine, Iron man flying around with a cigarette hanging from his mouth, yelling at people, coughing in there faces....ARRRRHHHGGG!!!!! pure awesome.....then Roddy Piper would show up....
    Last edited by Dark Helmet; 05-09-2008 at 11:17 PM.
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Ironman was great I thought downey was the best candidate for the role. I can't wait to see the Dark Knight. We have already seen the clone wars and I don't expect to see anything really new, animation looks great though. I feel the same for indiana, it's been so long and it's not like we are going to see anymore afterward. Ford looked clumsy in last crusade I wonder if it's going to be worse in this one. I also can't wait to see the HULK everything looks great so far.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

Iron Man was great, they were spot on with the tech for his suit. Robert Downey Jr. was perfect for the role... Tony Stark - Drunken Industrialist, Robert Downey Jr. - ...well, we all remember lol
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Iam excited, more so than for indy or anything else IMO.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Yeah I kinda feel the same way. I WILL watch it, though. I AM excited to see it, but it's just that I'm more excited to watch Indy IV.

"The Force is my ally. And a powerful ally it is."

I will probably see it on Youtube when someone uploads it there. Then I will be able to skip the inevitable cringeworthy scenes, bad CGI and I don't have to bother with the plot points that don't make any sense or fit with the rest of the saga. (actually, I mean "most of", as in - the parts that don't contradict what we see in the OT)

I will see it mostly so that I will be able to participate in discussions about it with other fans. I do not look forward to anything about the show, like I did before Ep1, Ep2, drawn Clone Wars and Ep3 or any of the books.
    I anticipate that this will be the lowest point of Star Wars history, ever. I expect that it could very well be the thing that makes the franchise "jumps the shark".
    Last edited by Darth Lars; 05-10-2008 at 09:17 AM.

LOL.. "I" remeber/know Morton Downey Jr. show..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by strengthofrage View Post
    Iron Man was great, they were spot on with the tech for his suit. Robert Downey Jr. was perfect for the role... Tony Stark - Drunken Industrialist, Robert Downey Jr. - ...well, we all remember lol
    SoF-

I hope hes good (really).. Im not totally turned off by him..I just thouht it would be a little taller/thinner Stark..

Im alittle fan boy as I like things to follow the comic book story lines (as best they can), since that is what made the story/topic/movie famous to begin with..

I hope its as true as it can be..