Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My emitter plugs

Thanks for the comments guys for both the emitter plugs and my website.

I thought about doing a saber builder myself, Tim even asked if I had the skills to do one but I never got round to it. xl97 yours looks brilliant so there no need to do it myself now.

As for the emitter plugs they are held in with the thumb screws, just like the blades so they won't come out. When you loosen the thumb screw and tip the saber upside down they just fall out. The 3/4'' round bar was cut to length for me, it was easier then trying to do it myself.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Sweet plugs Chaos. I especially like the graflex one. Looks like a static hilt until you take the plug out
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Youngling

I only just spotted these - they look absolutely brilliant! And really inspiring as they're do-able for a lot of folks. I'll certainly be taking a leaf out of your book and attempting something similar myself.
    First, I'll have to get me some bar...

It occurs to me that there might be an easier way to achieve the same effect. Instead of fitting an aluminum rod into a clear tube, why not just use a 1 inch acryllic rod with a smaller metal disk or washer glued to the end? Much simpler and much faster to make. You could even do a production run and ask Tim to sell them through the store.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender View Post
    It occurs to me that there might be an easier way to achieve the same effect. Instead of fitting an aluminum rod into a clear tube, why not just use a 1 inch acryllic rod with a smaller metal disk or washer glued to the end? Much simpler and much faster to make. You could even do a production run and ask Tim to sell them through the store.
    That sounds like it has potential, I'd be interested to see if that would work. Definitely a cool concept!

That is an awesome idea!

I’m working on a CF 4.1-10w RGB LedEngin driven Darth Vader saber, and this gem of an idea of yours couldn’t of come at a better time.

I knocked one out in about 15 minutes using a ¾ wooden dowel painted black for the insides and stuck a TCSS thumb screw in the center.

Homerun on this one, Chaos! Thank you!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Great job on the plugs. Those seem pretty easy to make. I will have to try to make some now.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I use the 1" hilt safety plug sold here. After cutting the length for the blade holder I drill/tap a 1/4 inch hole for a 1/4" chrome socket head screw to emulate the stock Graflex look. Sitting under that I use a washer to blacken out the center. It's a good result but the complete flat surface ones made by chaos really look clean. They're a particularly good match on the Qui Gon style bladeholder now being offered here.

Banned Sith Lord

awsome sabers!!!!!!!!!!! i love the green and red one chaos wow! and that vader above is awsome!!!! TEN WATTS?!?!?!?!

Those emitter plugs are really nice! Very cool!

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!