Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Corbin's NEW driver

okies, thanks for the info there corbin.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Smile

I'll have to set some money aside to pick a few of these up when they're available.

A few questions:

What kind of power sources would be ideal for these?

4 AA NiMH?

Also is this driver specific for the Lux III and higher? In other words are we still looking for 1 watt versions and 3 watt versions?

Great news on sabers fronts! Hyperdyne's new sound boards are hopefully going to be available this summer, and Corbin's new driver boards will be available soon! I've got sabers to build!

Thanks,

Psab
    Follow Your Bliss

this is awsome I get paid on fri so I can put 50 bucks on the side.. will this be a latching board??

"24V input now and up to 16V output"

So would this work with the 540 lumen white Endors?

[I realize it isnt multichannel - not asking about rgb - just the triple white wired in series powered by a 12v battery pack...would that work with this new board?]
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 05-06-2008 at 03:47 AM.

few questions please:

Momentary or Latching? (or our choice again?)

is the 'shimmer' ALWAYS on? are there levels of the SHIMMER you can set? (liek on Ervs driver?..not CF).

and can you turn it off completely..(static light) like on Ervs driver?

when are they to be available?

Thanks

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Psab, you'd want a volt or two above your LED. So for a III, 4.8V would be minimal. 6V would be nicer.

It's not specific either... the old driver wasn't either. Watts depend on the volts and amps it puts out. That's why you can use a V on it. It's a 1A driver and will handle the volts, now up to 16V from the old one.

Morpheus, he stated both in this thread.

Onli, YES. Add the volts up and 16V could cover three Rebels.

xl97, Again it will be both.

I'm guessing it will always be on. It'd be nice to have the option, but I believe since there won't be a programming pad it's limited. Some people don't like it and I've known some that like seizure inducing levels of it (Ultraboard).

Everyone, this thread makes me sad. It really does show no one reads.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband View Post
    Psab, you'd want a volt or two above your LED. So for a III, 4.8V would be minimal. 6V would be nicer.

It's not specific either... the old driver wasn't either. Watts depend on the volts and amps it puts out. That's why you can use a V on it. It's a 1A driver and will handle the volts, now up to 16V from the old one.

Morpheus, he stated both in this thread.

Onli, YES. Add the volts up and 16V could cover three Rebels.

xl97, Again it will be both.

I'm guessing it will always be on. It'd be nice to have the option, but I believe since there won't be a programming pad it's limited. Some people don't like it and I've known some that like seizure inducing levels of it (Ultraboard).

Everyone, this thread makes me sad. It really does show no one reads.
    so he did.. sorry about the already answered question looked at this thread kinda half asleep last night LOL

I failed to see the typo on the pic..

now that we have a 10W driver, all we need is a powerful yet small battery pack.

Congrats Corbin on that new board! it will fill a hole that new technology is brigning to us.

I still remember a few years back when I got my version 1 of the old driver... it revolutionized sabermaking. I am sure your new stuff will do it again
    Last edited by Marsupial; 05-06-2008 at 09:21 AM.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

Very cool Corbin , ETA?