Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2-pin miniature wire connectors

Default 2-pin miniature wire connectors

I've been looking for something for use in a saber that is a little bit smaller than the quick connectors that Tim sells. It would be useful for me to be able to attach and remove all of a saber's electrical components without having to unsolder them. This would allow me to quickly swap a CFC between several sabers, or to quickly disconnect one from components that must be mounted on the outside of a hilt, such as certain LEDs and switches. Tim's quick connects are just too bulky for that. I found a company that makes 2-pin connectors that seem perfect to me, but they do not list prices on their website, nor do they list any retailers where their products are sold. This leads me to believe that they only supply in large quantities to businesses. Has anyone here seen a similar connector for sale somewhere else? If not, do you think there would be enough interest in these for Tim to order a batch for the store?

http://www.tramelconnectors.com/image4.jpg

http://www.tramelconnectors.com/

I just got a dozen of these:

and these to go with them:

They are small enough to use pretty much anywhere in saber you want. I got them here:
    http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...ulti_Pin).html

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

That's not bad, but they do look a little too big. Maybe you could check for me though since you already have a few. Will those fit through a 1/4 mounting hole? If you could measure the diagonal on those that would be great. Thanks!

I found these at my LHS for RC cars and used them in my MHS. Not as large as the ones in the store but not small enough for me to break them

Still looks too big, but any more information would be greatly appreciated.

They don't quite fit through a 1/4" hole, but they do fit in a 17/64" hole. I just installed one on BS#2, for the switch, and drilled a second hole next to the first one, then filed out the middle to create a slot. It fit in there just fine, with room to spare.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I'll keep that in mind, but in the meantime I think I will contact this company to see if they have a retailer or if they will sell small quantities directly. If anyone else knows of an alternative that will fit in a 1/4 hole, let me know!

I just measured the ones that I have, and at the widest point they come in at 0.26". Maybe if you filed them down a bit they would work for you.

.26 across the diagonal? That might work with a bit of clipping. Perhaps I will try that.

I like to use molex KK connectors. You can get them in 2 pin - up to 9 pin or more! I buy them at a local electronics supply store.

In this pic you can see a 5 pin connector - underneath is a 2 and 3 pin male plugged into a 5 pin female.

MC