Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Custom Hilts

to put the finishing touches on a custom hilt another great tool is a Milling machine. A drill press with a table that can be moved in sevral differnt positions

lathe, milling machines? shoot that how you do it huh? i have been drillin, cuttin, dremelin, hacksawing, all my stuff bare handed,.

man, wish i knew of these things before. LOL Tet, seen you double anakin saber on ebay. cool deal. also have you got your vader suit yet?

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

What are the MHS hilt products made of? Is it easy to cut into?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Might want to look at the Modular hilt forum... They're aluminum. Quite easy to cut.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Oh the envy continues as people discuss all the tools at thier disposal, lathes, milling machines, next we will be hearing about custom CAD work
    Oh to win the lottery........

Hey when the day comes that you figure out that one perfect hilt that you can't make from pieces-parts, you know who to ask to do the work. One thing I learned a long time ago is just because I may be able to work a tool might not mean I have the talent to use it well.

Yea... but

I found my lahe rusting on a friends farm - it's 60 years old. But the last 2 years of repairing, rebuilding, and experimenting on how to use it has been alot of fun. If I've developed any skill at all, it's been a process of learning from mistakes. Just like with any tool.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Well spoken madcow, it is often the journey rather than the destination that makes the trip worthwhile

I don't know about all that now, I am very thankful when I get to my destination because the only thing I here on the journey is: ARE WE THERE YET?![]

Truthfully though, I would love to get a lathe myself but with lack of room and about a million other projects/tools that are on my HoneyDo list I am sensible enough to realize it is not something I will be investing in anytime soon. In the meantime I am comfortable with finding someone to toss a few duckies to and enjoy this hobby now while my kids still think I'm cool for dressing up with them in Jedi garb and dualing with the sabers.

Well,
    Try Tim first, but If he's too busy to tackle your lightsaber machining needs you can run it by me.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life