Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Custom Hilts

Default Custom Hilts

Hello everyone.

I just started purchasing parts to make my first LED lightsaber. I haven't decided which route to go yet as far as the hilt. Either the sink tubes or the MHS.

I was wondering if anybody here does custom lathe work, or good resources to find one. Thanks.

How about Tim the guy who owns The Custom Saber Shop and this forum, contact him and he will be glad to talk about it.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

yeah, tim owns the CUSTOM saber shop, has a LATHE and does WORK with it.[]

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

I here about Tim's "LATHE" all the time what is a "LATHE"?

Is that your lightsaber or are you happy to see me?

A lathe is a machine that allows you to carve metal as it spins. Kinda like a potters wheel but more precise, and sideways.

I have a lathe too, but ask Tim first. If he is too busy, and doesn't mind - then you can try me. I'd probably charge an arm and a leg anyways. Tim is far more reasonable than I am.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I will do mods to the end caps and emitters but no complete hilts at this time as I just dont have the time for it. Maybe when I quit my other full time job..order more stuff so I can do that allready!![]

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Thank you for the replies. Madcow I was looking at your site and have to say you do great work. I'm almost afriad to ask what an "arm and a leg" is to you.

However looking at your site I see a lot of your sabers have a black "grip" material on it. Some are cut into strips and some cover a great portion of the hilt. What is that material?

Thanks,
    I use 2 grip materials. One is my secret for fashioning graflex style rubber grips. The other is simple black craft foam. I get it at Michaels and use 2 sided window tape to secure it. It works great, and unlike rubber graflex grips - you can fight with the foam and it doesn't come off!

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Thank you for your help. I think I would like to try my first one myself.

Now I just have to decide where to start.

Madcow and Strydur, thanks for explaining what a Lathe is.

Is that your lightsaber or are you happy to see me?