Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any advice for straighter dremel cuts?

Question Drill/cut...

Well the main reason I wanted to use the titanium drill cutter id do I could get a matched set through both sides at once.

What I might do is just drill straight through in two spots, then use that Dremel diamond carbide wheel for the straight cuts.

Thoughts/tips/questions/comments?

Question Drill/cut...

Well the main reason I wanted to use the titanium drill cutter id do I could get a matched set through both sides at once.

What I might do is just drill straight through in two spots, then use that Dremel diamond carbide wheel for the straight cuts.

Question Drill/cut...

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

yeah it's always nice to be able to make the holes even on both sides. You could also drill some guide holes to make your cutting easier with the dremel. I drill holes about every 3/4" just so it's easier to stay strait and makes it easier on your hands as you can stop and take breaks along the way and file and check, trust me it's worth the extra time.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

I've only used the heavy cutters(carbide...etc...) to remove alot of material quickly. Personally, I always switch to a fine grain sanding wheel and move slowly taking off little bits at a time. Patience is what pays off for this.

Question Drill/cut...