Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New sound fonts

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default New sound fonts

May as well post here too...

In the process of three new sound fonts based on Lightsaber Forms:

- Soresu - based on the concept of defensive tactics, no clashes, replaced with many blaster deflection sounds. WIP

- Jar Kai - Two saber wielding madness! Doubled-up sounds, dual poweron/off, clash/swing combinations, Force push is cool: poweroff-push-poweron... like you have to free up a hand before you can force push WIP

- Dun Moch - Duel of the fates. Seduction, Taunts, Lures with each clash... still planning, not started yet...

I have sounds from TFN and Erv's site, but if anyone knows of another good source of saber and blaster sound fx, any help would be greatly appreciated

Thoughts, questions, comment, complaints, please...
    Last edited by eastern57; 05-02-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Portsmouth... The real Portsmouth in the UK :D.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    - Jar Kai - Two saber wielding madness! Doubled-up sounds, dual poweron/off, clash/swing combinations, Force push is cool: poweroff-push-poweron... like you have to free up a hand before you can force push WIP
    Wouldn't that sound a little daft if you only have the one saber? Or are you planning to use one sound-enabled saber and a stunt saber?

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we shall have a cup of tea and a nice chat"

(Well what did you expect? I am English after all )

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I suppose it does sound redundant - and yes, silly, now that you've pointed it out. I haven't tested it out in an actual saber, but it sounds pretty cool with Erv's sound mixer, there's only one hum, not two and if you imagine blocking & slashing and Parrying & thrusting, as you would with two sabers, it starts to sound more sensible....

But who knows, it might sound totally ridiculous in a saber...

I personally love the idea of a dual-blade sound font. I've got a CF v4.0 coming soon and this is my dream sound set. My favourite sounds from all the films are the Maul saber sounds.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

it's close to the maul sound... but with more hits.

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

I need to make a transformers "transforming" sound font for one of my sabers.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Soresudemo.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/?zueemjmdfmg

kalel, take a second to judge my work, you might change your mind about asking me... I'm no Novastar...

edit: Steampunkdemo.mp3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yf3gkmzjmhx

stupid mediafire... if you can't just open it, try downloading... sorry y'all
    Last edited by eastern57; 05-03-2008 at 05:51 PM.

funny I saw 'steam punk' in there..

Im currently doing my own 'steampunk' monitor conversion with an extra Dell monitor..LOL

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

whoa, monitor? You're certainly no stranger to work... seeing your saber bench, interactive saber builder, now this... do your days have more hours than mine?

The steampunk font was my surface impression of the subculture, like doc brown's refrigerator from BTF3. At first, I didn't want to do a disservice to anyone that's fully indoctrinated to the genre, but the more I read and discovered, the more I felt validated... it's a personal fulfilment, rather than a movement with rules...

Soresu took me two days to put the demo together... and not what I'd consider back-breaking labor. Take it for what it is - if you think it stinks, I'd still like to know... feed back is essential to learning and growing... you don't have to be nice, I don't care.

This is tricky stuff... it certainly requires a degree of finesse that only comes from doing it... hats off to all those that create super-duper awesomely professional sounding fonts...

^^I agree. It's not that hard to make fonts, but it's not exactly that easy either! At least not anything of awesome caliber.

I think the soresu fonts pretty decent. I like the low pitched swings a lot although some of the clashes have a bit too many hits in them for my taste (but of course that's what your going for right?).

Anyway, since were posting WIP fonts, here's version 2 of my holy reaver font. Hopefully I'll get it done sometime this century...
    HolyReaver2.0.mp3