Page 61 of 235 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Thread: Share pictures of your sabers here.

Last night, i was trying to sleep and an idea dawned on me. Everytime i use PVC and try to thread my blade set screws through it, the threads break. I got a great idea. Just look at this design i drew up. I won't have to use a set screw to secure the blade. I have already tested this method and it works great.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...glingplans.jpg
    The base tube is 1 inch PVC.

I thought of this last night and i already have it mostly built. Just need to solder on the switch and battery pack. Yeah, i have already got that much done. I'm gonna give it a 30 inch blade with polypropylene in it. Right now i am using my 38 inch blade to test it with, so it will be brighter when i get the shorter blade. Yes i am using the 3 LED array that came in my Hasbro vader that i gutted for sound for my green saber. When i get it finished up later, i will get a picture.

Yep, that works great so long as you keep your prongs thick and don't mess with it a lot in the cold. I used to paint them all different colors so the kids could put them together how they wanted. I eventually just did 3 grooves so it would flex enough to bite down, you may also find that roughing up the inside helps out as well.
    Good luck with it PVC sabers was pretty much all I did untill coming aboard here.

<center></center>

Alright. I finished it. It has the potential to be brighter when i get the shorter blade with more polyP in it. Well here it is. My finished in one afternoon saber. Yes i really built this after i got home from school today.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...c=DSCF0109.JPG
    blade^

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...c=DSCF0110.JPG
    Hilt^

Good job[^], great thing about PVC you can knock 'em out quick[]

<center></center>

So this is the color that I got not from the purple disk, but from the darker of the two purple/pink disks. My son and I love it... Good stuff...

BTW, the two on the left are green. For some reason my camera doesn't want to pick up the color properly, it always comes out blue'ish for some reason. Also, that stuff that you see sitting on top of the shoebox is my incomplete Sith saber.

SWEET!! PURPLE!!![^][] A wise choice[]

I forgot about that disc, it does do a nice job.

<center></center>

We have 4 LED hot swap kits so far for the MHS... Red, Royal blue, green, and white. The white makes for a nice purple, and amber. I don't really care for the other disks, but then again, I only bought it for the purple so it all works out. []

Right on! I know what you mean with the Amber, that one lens is real pretty but the others are a little to faded for me. Yea I think since I got the purple in there is hasn't changed since[8D]

<center></center>

Ambo, what did you use for a switch box on that 7" saber? Congratulations on getting all the components packed in that tight!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

What are you cutting it with? You'd have to cut pretty fast... a dremel, is that what you are using?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I used a lower rpm dremel (or the one I have now set slower) and it cut very nicely!

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.