Page 6 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Share pictures of your sabers here.

I like that one a lot more. I decided to go with copper when I started mine for 2 reasons. One I like it and two no one was using it. Now it seems I am behind the times. Oh well I still like it.

Here are the first 2 dueling sabers I built, I also own a MR Ep3 Annakin Light Saber, currently building a LED Saber will post pic when finished.

To get that look i took 180 grit sand paper. i twisted the hilt one way as i pulled it through my hand and the twisted the other way to give it a kind of cross pattern. i left some of the chrome to make it look lighter or weathered i guess. Thanks

Mi Gin Gonn, I built this one as a gift for a friend's birthday, so the name is "The Ryan" []. I've built one commsioned order and promissed myself it was the last one. This is a hobby. I want to keep it that way and have complete freedom in the creative process. That doesn't mean I don't sell my sabers - I need some cash to maintain the hobby, but unlike Tim, Ultra and others who are serious about it, I'm not doing it as a business. If you are looking for a speciffic design, don't forget we are on The CUSTOM Saber Shop.
    Nevertheless, your words were flattering. Thank you.

StrangeWings, I've used copper beggining with the first hilt I've built. That was before I discovered any of these shops or discussion threads. On this one, I was going to paint it, but Ryan seemed to like the look of bare metal better, so I only painted the soldered part to cover it up. I like the result. Now I'm looking into building a mostly copper hilt. I need to find a way to stop it from tarnishing, though.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

You can polish the copper then use a clear urethane in a spray can. I t will stay on for a while if not applied to thick. If a brushed look is desired polish it then use a grey or gold scotch brite pad to scuff it then if it is cleared in this state it will last the longest.

GeluKhanGharr-

Interesting coincidence. My name is Ryan too, lol.[]

Oh, I didn't mean have you build something to spec, sorry for the confusion. I'd probably wanna buy one of yours from page 1 anyway, if you ever wanna sell one that is.

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

They're all gone bro. How do you think i paid for all the nice holders from Tim i just got a while back. More to come.

BTW, what do you think of this for a sith saber:

http://www.illumisabers.com

is that el wire in the hilt? If so does it light? Even if it doesn't that saber is the Mad note!

I wish I could see the rest of it in the pic. Hmmm...this may sound odd, but it reminds me of Maximillian the robot from "The Black Hole" for some reason...maybe reminds me of his razor-sharp spinning slicer weapons along with the deep red. Wicked all the way[}] That's what Palpatine should have been slingin' in EPIII instead of that turd-looking hilt he had.

Page 1 sabers gone?! I haven't been this bummed out since Mr. Miyagi died. [] Pooey.

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

Tetmatek, yes and yes. However, it does not have the effect I was going for. It's lame, not bright enough.

Mi Gin Gonn, it is not finished yet, so there isn't anything else to see except the end of a tube. Yeah, that was my vision of a sith bad a** hilt. it needs more work, but I think I'm going in the right direction.