Page 45 of 235 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Thread: Share pictures of your sabers here.

heres a design for my next saber.
    and this one is for my current one with a painted flat black heiland head piece.

The Dark Side will kill you
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

987654321a,

I really like you're new design concept. Very Menacing and deadly looking. I hope you make this a Sith Saber with the Red as you've shown.

Very Cool!
    Tiberius

i just finished my first saber. i am really happy with it. here are some pics. (full lit room with flash on)

its a hardware saber, sink tube and vaccum accessory peice, sink drain cap for an endcap. tims blade/led holder, blade, and grip material. its rechargeable through the jack below the belt clip peg. uses corbins board. red-orange lux III.

Wow! That's amazing! Definitely one of the best sabers I've seen yet.

very nice job man.[][][] i love it!!! lol it was kinda tough to put the EL wire thru the polyE but i put some lube on it and it went thru soooo easily.

The Dark Side will kill you
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

muchos kudos amigo. sweet saber.

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

Well Done, the guard for the switch is very clever. Very, very cool.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

thanks all the trigger gaurd was the last addition i made, as i was spinning the saber and i kept turning it on/off. that was the simplest solution i could come up with, and it has a bit of a throw back quality to the "ears" of the graflex.

nice job i like it alot great saber [8D]

Blog Entries

Hooray! My turn to share again! Warning, Lots of pictures! and LONG explanation.

Somewhere on page 3 of this thread, I posted my personal lightsaber. The one i plan not to sell or give away.

I decided it needed more, so I sent it to Random Saber for some final machining. Ryan worked with me to turn the hilt above into this.

I commissioned Random Sabers because they had a mill and I did not.

While Ryan at Random was working on the hilt, I was working on the internals.
    First was the RED Lux III for the blade.

There is a reason why the heatsink was shaped that way.

My MAIN concept was to showcase a REAL crystal. I have been messing with different ways of mounting a crystal inside a hilt and decided that a pedestal or post to hold the crystal was best. The Red Lux III (above) has the weird heatsink because the fins will be flanking the crystal.

Now light the crystal from underneath with a White Lux III and a red filter.

I used a real quartz crystal. And I found a problem with it. The crystal was too perfect and clear. The light went right through it. So, in true <font color="red">Sith</font id="red"> fashion I altered it. I changed the crystal properties by applying heat and then rapid cooling to crackle the crystal. Then I coated the outside with clear epoxy for strenght.

I got the hilt body back from Random Sabers. I installed the crystal and powered it up.

I then wired up the two Luxeons and installed it in the hilt.

The hilt is about 80-90% done. What's left is the final alignment of the red Lux, a couple of thumb screws for the hilt, the sound module, and the vibration motor. Here is what it looks like so far.

EDIT: Everything is powered by four AA.

EDIT April 17: About 90% done. I am also rethinking keeping this. I think I am going to SELL this one too.

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."