Page 41 of 235 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: Share pictures of your sabers here.

Tiberius, that's a beaute. Awsome design!

Jonitus, that's for a 4 year old? Too bad he can't appreciate it fully for what it is. Don't forget to lock the blade in place or instruct the mother/father to do so. You know the beam is strong enough to cause eye damage if looked straight into, right?
    Also, what the heck did you use o cut the pipe? Those cuts looks a hell of a lot better than my Dremmel cuts, very clean.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

I didn't notice it until Gelu mentioned it, but yeah, those cuts are pristine! How on earth did you do that?

Not to worry, I have given the mother very careful instruction about the saber and the hazards associated with it.

Believe it or not, the main emitter cut was made with a Dremel, but the cuts were shaped to final contour with a series of jewelers files and progressively finer grits of sandpaper. The "recharge port" holes were done with a step bit.

I can make the raw cuts on my sabers in a couple of hours, but it takes me about 20 hours or so to finish up the shape to a level I am satisfied with.

Right now, I am working on 2 sabers, both of which will test my metal with my Dremel. One is an approximation of Anikin's saber from ROTS and the other is an approximation of Obi-Wan's from ROTS. I'll keep you all updated on those.

Thanks for the compliments!

...how will you know the light unless you have seen the dark? How will you know the good unless you have flirted with the evil?

[]I have a lot more practice to do with the dremel, I am almost embarressed to present this to the kid I made this one for and to show you guys. Oh well, I did it for his mom nocharge and I have found that the best way to get better at something is to practice and get feedback from others.[8D]

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

nuthin wrong with that james, looks good.

and jonitus and gelu, yours are awesome as well. makes me wanna get this great saber done even more. i got another hasbro board on the way and a red lux too. so i will have all the electronics again. still wished i had a way to run a regular cosmetic leds on it like i originally wanted to do. but only way i see, is to have another switch and run them on seperate circut and batt. pack. may still do it, if the room is there for the batt. pack. i think i can run a 2 batt. AAA pack in there to run regualr leds on. just have to see where i would want to put another switch at.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Seriously, James...looks good. Don't get down on yourself.

Do you think I was always as adept with a Dremel as I am now? Heck no, dude...I went through literally HUNDREDS of dollars worth of sink tubes and assorted goodies when I was learning how to craft sabers and have them turn out nice enough to sell to customers.

The only thing I can see is that you need to work with templates for your drilling and cutting. Draw out what you want on paper 4.71" wide and then wrap around the sink tube. It'll hep keep all your drilled holes lined up and all that.

Past that, man...keep building!

...how will you know the light unless you have seen the dark? How will you know the good unless you have flirted with the evil?

jonitus is right on. dont even think about being discouraged. its all part of the learning process. just think, the more you build and construct the better you will get. you should see some of my first sabers, they werent the best stuff , but i got better at it, with practise. and thats all we are sayin, your saber looks really good, and each one will get better and better.

.... and don't forget to bleed ... []
    That way it will surely come out good

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GeluKhanGharr

.... and don't forget to bleed ... []
    That way it will surely come out good

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Heck yeah! Blood is what makes sabers work properly. I have shed blood on EVERY saber I have built...EVERY ONE.

guess im lucky then. i havent shed blood on my builds for some time. i used to, but i have learned not to do things that caused that to happen. lol but i still get darn frustrated at times when things dont go the way i want them to. i feel like force throwing it against the wall, lol