Page 4 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Share pictures of your sabers here.

I did see it. Although till you said it was yours I didn't even notice that it was. I was just looking at the pictures. I think I like that one a bit better. Only because it has a bit more on the neck. And as I said I think that it is closer to the Obi, so it seems more familiar. I really dig your other designs. I like the "fins" in the end of the one. Oh and I didn't think that you would take it the wrong way, I was including that in case someone didn't read all the other posts and just that one.

Thanks, GeluKhanGharr. I've never heard of that store you were talking about, but is sounds pretty cool. It would help if I knew what part of the country you live in. You're right about finding saber pieces, any time I'm at Lowes or wherever I go into Terminator lightsaber-parts Scanning Mode, even when I'm just going there to buy an air filter, lol.

Do you machine any of the parts for your hilts, or just find pieces & figure out how to incorporate them?

BTW, I don't feel bad about being a '75er. I'm glad I got to see the last half of the Brown Decade. I call it that because if you look back at tv commercials/magazine ads/movies, every-friggin' thing was brown then. Clothes, furniture, cars, carpeting, you name it. And especially the first "Star Wars" flick. Tattooine had a lot of brown going on, Obi Wan's robe, most of the cast's hair, Chewbacca's fur, and Luke's <font color="brown">landspeeder</font id="brown"> was even brown for pete's sakes.

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

Mi Gin Gonn,

If by machine you mean lathe/planner/mill then no. I'd love to have access to such machines, but I don't. That's why we have Tim. [] So it's all in a wise, grinder, drill, dremmel, soldering gun and many hand tools such as tap and drill, files, a plumbing kit for soldering copper pipes and others. And the shop I mentioned is not a chain, it's a locally owned dump hole - Colorado Springs, CO

StrangeWings, I have another comming in a few days. It's an LED and I think it has more "mass" [8D]. It is still thin, but there is more going on, not as borring as the other one. Yeah, now I think of it as borring after designing the new one.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

Blog Entries

Here is my Christmas production run. I started this run two weeks ago. Some parts purchased from Tim (covertec clip bottons, d rings, thumb screws). There are still 4 more that should be done by Dec 10. I'll have pictures of those four later.

One of the middle ones is mine. I have made close to 30 lightsabers and I suddenly realized I never made one for myself. I have not decided if I want EL or LED. The emitter has a 3/4 inch hole. The pummel has a switch installed for future electronics. more pictures of some of my hilts are here.

http://www.geocities.com/projectstm/lightsaber.html

Let me know what you think

This is it for me. I am selling off all lightsaber making tools. Moving on to a new hobby. But it has been fun.

-V

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Nice work..I wish I had time to do custom hilts LOL..And like you I still dont have a personal saber lol.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I just realized that I haven't posted any of my saber pics here. Have a gander:

if you post on the LED Q and A's board you've probably seen these already, so sue me[] I'll probably take some more pictures soon.

All these hilts look great. I too have the same problem, every saber I make is for someone else. I really need to make one for me someday. I dont know how to post picks here so if you want to see some of my creations you can see them at www.jedisabersmith.com.

JediSaberSmith
    An Elegant Weapon From A More Civilized Age

Here are the hilts that I have made so far. All are EL-powered. I am currently designing several possible LED hilts.
    Most of these went through a few upgrades and modification to get to their current configurations. And of course, there are more pics on my website.[][8D]

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/</center>

Nice work dudes! [8D]

Heh nice pics guys this is Strydur's son yes.I have my own LED saber he made me[8D]Here i'll show ya a pic oh by the way im 11..[]Gah can't find a piccy of my MR ill get 1 tonight
    Here is a picture of my EL saber(and the first saber he made)
    [img]../scripts/saber2.jpg[/img]