Page 224 of 235 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2350

Thread: Share pictures of your sabers here.

Ah. Gotcha.

It's actually not that heavy and I have worn it on my Covertec belt clip before.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

ARKM, I like your work, and especially your pointy pommels.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

...wow... ARKM those saber are awesome! They have a kind of NJO/KotoR look to them. That double bladed is pretty cool but the one that really caught my eye was the second saber with the green crystal in the pommel. That on just hit me as wow! Really cool man!

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Great work on those sabers ARKM. The blade holders both look sweet. Your lathe-fu is strong

If you could resize the pictures for this thread as well, that would be great. See your PM's for more info
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Below are pics of my latest hilt. It is the only one I have done weathering on. I'd love to take credit for the design but I am only the manufacturer on this one.

Here's what it looked like before weathering...

...and after.

Last edited by ARKM; 01-18-2009 at 01:06 PM.

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

I really dig that saber.. even before the weathering..

Youngling

I like the weathered one a lot.

How did you achieve the weathered finish on it? Aside from the saber itself being really nicely put together, the finish is very convincing.

Thanks. I used 2 coats of flat black and 2 coats of satin dark brown, alternating the different paints between coats. Immediately (and I do mean immediately) after spraying on each coat I would dab it off with a dish towel. No wiping but straight on/off dabbing. I have Hapajedi of the TFN Fan Film forums to thank for the method.

That sounds pretty neat! I'll have to try that sometime. My next project (hopefully) will be a Sith hilt...and since I have yet to actually intentionally make a weathered lightsaber, I figured it would be a good hilt to weather...only I don't really know many tricks. This will come in handy.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Here's my latest hilt. As you can see it strongly resembles a certain pre-existing Star Wars hilt. Lots of JB Weld on this sucker. By far the hardest hilt I have made yet. It's not perfect but it's the best I can do with what I've got. Not counting the blade retention screw, Covertec knob and the rectangular plastic activation switch, this hilt consists of 20 pieces.

Last edited by ARKM; 01-21-2009 at 10:15 AM.