Page 12 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Share pictures of your sabers here.

I think you're doing an awsome job. That's what I call a true Sith design, so who cares what the council thinks []
    A couple of suggestions:
    1 - the screws used to attach the ...hangers(?), are they phillips? Consider replacing them with hex heads, they look better.
    2 - the edges where you cut with the Dremmel look rough. Maybe sand them by hand with a fine grain. Maybe it's just the picture, I don't know.

I just love hardware sabers, much more than wholly machined ones. Tim's modular sabers are an excellent starting point, but too many stop at just that. Yours are better than any I've seen in a long time. Keep it up!

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

something i like to use for bolts is sometimes using button head screws or they also have some unique style screws that have to use a special lil bit to screw them in or out with. yeah, i know the lil bit can be expensive, but with a weird lookin style screw head, it can make it look futuristic in its own right. my friend used some that had 2 tiny holes and the holes would cover up with a tiny lil flap of steel built into the bolt head. made it look really neat. just an idea i thought i'd pass on.

LAN-ED-TUL

Gelu, Yes the are hangers of sorts, I guess. They were made to tie up the cord of window blinds[]. Yes the are philip head screws, but only for now as they were out of the ones I wanted. Dont worry I planned on changing them. And they were already sanded with fine grain so it is just the picture, I am just pleased the pic didnt come out fuzzy[].

Cain

Great Saber!!! I also think the use of everyday items to dress them up is in the true spirit of the Lightsaber. The originals incorperate the same style and imagination. Thats what makes these things truly works of art. Lets face our sabers look better than some sculptures and paintings. Keep up the great work!!!

I Hope these to be my crowning achievement of sort. It's a Replica Graflex tube with MR sound board, 1 inch blade, Stryder' own CSS LED/Blade Holder. I chose an anakin style with the button instead of eye. I also polished the electrode area instead of black. Let me know what u think so far.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's nice but being "the" saber that everyone recognizes the little inaccuracies would bug me if it were my own.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

I think it looks good, but can't be sure due to the poor quality of the pics. I think we should start a topic/tutorial on how to (digitally) photograph lightsabers, and posting said pictures.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/

How should the pics be cause i never claimed to be a photographer.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Jedi Ranger, that's a great idea. I'd love to contribute to that thread.

tetmatek, he's refering to the blur. All but the last are quite blurry. If your camera doesn't have a "close-up" setting you compensate by turning up the exposure rate to be longer. Both need for you to have a steady base. A tripod isn't necessary but bracing your arm or camera against a solid object is a great help.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

I see => on my camera it has mountains and a tulip which is the correct setting?