Page 198 of 235 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2350

Thread: Share pictures of your sabers here.

The first one uses footman loops at the emitter end. Difficult to find in the UK in metal and in the end I got them off ebay from the US which worked out cheaper and easier than buying them here even with the shipping. I think the difficulty in tracking them down is that different people call them different things. They are actually quite heavy and give the saber a nice heft.

O rings added the black detailing (lots of O rings) and held in place further down the hilt with M3X6 cap head screws.

For the Vader the black grips are from Erv at Plecter labs (he had a special on). The 'switch box' is a small piece of black ABS cut to length and the 'box' is a heatsink. The emitter shroud I bought off ebay some time ago and looks like a BlastTech piece.

The electronics are (hilt LED's and switch) are from Maplins (like radio shack).

The emitters for both were machined by a chap who lives near me who does custom machining - and for such a small order it doesn't break the bank.

The Maglite's are second hand off ebay which I use Sodium Hydroxide (nasty stuff) to remove the anodisation to take them back to bare aluminium and then polish.

While they do look good in the photos, they are not perfect. Some components do not line up perfectly and there are some light surface scratches here and there. However, for something made by hand and judged by eye they are pretty good.

I like using mag bodies as they have a built in screw base, have a nice weight and polish up well. It as an easy solution if you don't have a lathe (which I don't). I could of course by items from TCSS - which I do occasionally, but the shipping often makes it prohibitivly (sic) expensive.

Mike

That second one looks like the vader-inspired one from Jedi Academy.
    Me likes alot!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Yes, it's not far off - although I've only just looked at it, I didn't use it as a reference. The big difference of course is the black piece of plastic running along the the top in the gap of the emitter shroud is missing on mine. I needed to put the switch there.

I did notice that the screw on bottom of the Maglite body looks almost exactly like the bottom of the MPP unit.

How do I become a member of the Flashlight Saber Mafia? All my sabers (four now) have been made out of Maglite bodies.

Just put the words/letters in your sig and your in.

I dident do it cause meh dident want to
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Very well done, mikeclem!

The customized MR stands are a nice touch, too.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Thanks Ranger.

I wish I could take credit for the stand. I picked it up of ebay (UK) from someone who had modified it. I was actually surprised at how good a job they have made of it. I use it to display my converted Luke ROTJ on top of my monitor - looks great.

My Youngest Daugter's personal creation. Padawan Mor Ba Bafay.

Blue Two

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    "If so powerful you are, why leave?"
    Master Yoda

Visit the Carolina Saber Academy

Nice design she has for it. I'm assuming that's a Lux3 she used in there. Still cool saber.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Very nice. Get them started early .

Toil awhile ... endure awhile ... believe always ... and never turn back.

Awesome Saber, I wish I had building skills like that when I was that young, I especially like the Trinity Knotwork, very cool.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------