Page 115 of 235 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2350

Thread: Share pictures of your sabers here.

Correct on all counts, everyone. I did indeed destroy the big gold button, Maul, but when you build 'em for Go, not just for Show, it happens. That's a tip, Kiddies. And as James astutely pointed out, at less than .80 a pop, I think I can afford to be more than rough to get what I want.

The gunbluing is a smelly thing, but i couldn't ask for a richer effect on those recharge ports. Personally, I wouldn't use it on large portions, but for small applications, like the aforementioned ports, it's perfect. Use Q-Tips to apply, follow the preparation directions (metal retains a lot of our skin's oils), and blue away!

The glue on the original big button was a beast to remove, and as such, I'll be going with a true custom job on it, once I've decided on a proper replacement for the entire area.

**edit: The small circles where the two gold prongs are? The black is the gunblue. Thanks to those who praised the work!
    Red 8 standing..hey, what's this button do?

You don't need to see any identification.

Anakin epi 3 mod; tcss parts with prongs and ring around the switch removed, covertec machined button and the gold pins on the emitter removed (cos i lost one and i don't like em).

the batteries were pretty low when i took these. and the blade flies out of the emitter when i spin it so that will need a bit of sellotape around the bottom . . . when i go out and find the tip and mirror disc tomorrow. i really should have bothered to glue them in.

i'm generally impressed with it since i hacked most of the bits off of it off. next up to do is change the switch to a 'click' on/off on and use some sheet alu to cover the hole and cut the tops off of the T grips as they are so awful to hold. pictures of its production progress on this topic http://thecustomsa.web133.discountas...pic.php?t=1488

this pic makes me want to scream 'ONWARD!' when leading a battalion of elite clone troop commandos into battle at night where my saber is the only light-source after we sneak into the grounds of a droid army barracks (recharge centre?) after climbing a sheer cliff face in total darkness.

nice guys, i like how everyone keeps comin out with conversions, im getting a converted obi wan from ultra on my b-day
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Dang guys, has it really been that long ago since we discussed the bluing? Dang, I spend way to much time on here.

Fadeout, good job. I look forward to seeing how it progresses. I am getting ready to do an Anakin with out the switch box at all cause it drives me nuts!!!!
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

im confused as to how i would turn on an anakin, i dont have one but at this year, i looked like an idiot trying to turn it on
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

you slide the gold bit on the rectangular box above the t-grips up and down. took me ten seconds of initial confusion before i realised that. the switch is annoyingly loose tho. it just doesn't resist being knocked or take any effort to push - i'm perpetually turning it on again whilst duelling cos i knockn it so much when changing grip.

Yep, the first time I saw the Vader and Anakin ROTS, I was a little off myself, I had an Anakin already, and had seen the Luke ESB but the demo units had the stickers removed. I nailed Vader pretty quick but I had it in my head the Hasbro stuff so I am pushing the box, pushing the covertec, looking dufess, I finally got it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Funny all of them have been fine for me except the Mace... It don't look like a butan. It doesn't help that two are right on either side and look the same.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Come on xwing post your pics here too so we can say our oohhhsss and aaahhhhhsss.

And yes it looks spectacular.

When I convertred my anakin, I somehow reversed the inside switch, dont ask me how I dont know. But now since I push the slide down to turn it on, it never slips and turns off whilst dueling or spinning. A happy accident.
    RED 7 Standing by...