Page 233 of 235 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2350

Thread: Share pictures of your sabers here.

Default My home made hilt

The hilts main parts consist of metal pipe I found in the garage, a bolt, some weather stripping for handle, 2x hydraulic hose end caps, some black spray paint, a washer and some metal clasping wire. Construction time is approx 3-4 hours total. Main time consumption was the cutting, grinding and welding of the bars. Then just drilled and tapped the holes for the hose end caps, taped of the areas for the painting and wrapped the handle with the wire. Hope you like, more to follow soon.
    saber1.jpg
    Saber2.jpg

Here's a link to my latest lightsaber collection video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ1wcWPNQxk

Default Maglite First build

My first build, converted 2x D-Cell Maglite with detailing inspired by (obviously) a Japanese katana. I'd love to hear any opinions...
    Lightsaber Collage.jpg

Was messing around in the MHS builder earlier, just to waste a lil time and came up with this.
    I think it looks nice, but building it would probably be too much for my limited budget.

SaberBuilder_render1.jpg

sooooo beautiful you are a master.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Below are pics of my latest hilt. It is the only one I have done weathering on. I'd love to take credit for the design but I am only the manufacturer on this one.

Here's what it looked like before weathering...

...and after.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-wan keN00Bi View Post
    sooooo beautiful you are a master.
    Thanks.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

First ever build so far using drain pipe parts. Just a shame the sound is a bit quieter than hoped though.

Am now addicted to saber building.

Ok guys! After all the help I got from this forum and my good friend Chad figuring out the wiring, here's pics of my first saber "Divergence". I was going for an 'artifact' feel - something you might find in a tomb.

I made the leather wrap myself by cutting strips from an old suede jacket and then dyeing them with standard brown fabric dye. I translated the "Prophecy of the Five" into Elder Futhark runes at this website and then burned them into the leather using a soldering iron.

To make the copper bands at the hilt ends and activation switch I found two celtic patterns online, sized them to what I needed and sent them to a local place to get them printed in standard black vinyl. I then made the etching solution found here. I applied the vinyl masks and etched the rings for 1.5 hours each and found it did a great job. I only needed to clean them up a little bit with fine-tipped hobby files.

The pommel, choke and emitter are painted using Rust-Oleum Universal "Aged Copper". LED is an Amber Luxeon Rebel Star, and the internal electronics are mainly from an Ultimate FX saber. Between research and building, I'd say it took about 30 hours work. Let me know what you think!