Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my newest

Default my newest

the coolest thing on this one is the custom blade holder, the rest is pretty stock standard stuff. it's got a hasbro board as a driver so I could take advantage of the momentary switch. the pommel is covered with a tennis racket grip cover (the little rubber piece that holds the rear of the grip down)

If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

That house on that street in that state. yeah, GA

i like it! cool engravings on the side, it has an old, weathered vibe to it.
    "I'm not lazy I'm conservative."

VERy Cool DH I love it
    Sith Happens

Thanks! I think I still want to find better grip material, but it feels nice. I opted to forgo the blade retention screw since this blade holder may be too weak for combat, so this one is pretty much a light up belt hanger...it does have sound too, but I chose not to put in sound holes to muffle the hasbro board a bit.

pritty cool, I would leave it as it is.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I've used that Magic Tape stuff as grip material. It's that rubber tape that bonds to itself when you stretch it out. Has a nice feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    I've used that Magic Tape stuff as grip material. It's that rubber tape that bonds to itself when you stretch it out. Has a nice feel to it.
    THAT'S what it's called, i was looking for that stuff and had no luck at all thanks ^^. this saber really isn't very unique tho, it's just a copy of one of Novastar's, the one on Erv's site on the front page.... I saw it and thought "man that thing is cool" so i went for this, I added a few things since I'm a big fan of weathered hilts, but it's pretty much the mhs version of it....it also helped that I had most of the parts sitting around already, so....
    that's pretty much it, I copied a good design. the hard part was hearing the hasbro sound, it was like an insult....hence the lack of sound holes....

Council Member
    Jedi Master

As far as copying designs goes, I just copied Jay-Gon's design and made four PVC kiddie sabers. I don't think people mind if you use their designs, as long as you give credit where it's due and don't pass it off as your own.

On one of these kiddie sabers, I used the Magic Tape. I'll post a picture later tonight. I really like the way it looks.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Here's that picture of the Magic Wrap tape.

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

I love how the tennis wrap feels, it's so comfortable. looks great love the etching, swan, how does the holder stand up to dueling or is this just a show saber.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln