Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kids saber?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If you discuss items that I dont offer you arent taking business away from me and no explanation needed. This is how I get ideas of what to stock for you guys.

Its discussing ways of getting around using my items that irks me. Or asking if they can be bought someplace else.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

thanks, tim. i just didn't want that to sound the wrong way. it sounds like people want kid's sabers for cheap, but i know that you don't sell little polyC or inverters, so i didn't want you to think i was trying to direct business away, just trying to share what i thought could be a good and cheap idea [8D]

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Hmm.. I like this thread. I have never done EL before, but i have done LED. I found 5 foot sections of EL wire at autozone, which is too short to make a full siaze blade with. This gives me ideas...

Tim, like I said before I can ship this puppy to you if you want to either get info to find the manufacturer or to spec it out and make your own.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

I wasn't that worried about cost as much as I am looking for a smaller more kid friendly form factor.

Ambo the 1.25" sink tube saber that I made for my nephw was great it fit in his hands well and it is the right size for him. Most of the parts came right off Tim's shelves with the exception of the activation box which is a pvc fiting drilled out to slide on the sink tube.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Ambo, I have been pretty much doing kids sabers non stop for a while now and you can make an awsome EL saber for a little one with:
    1-1.25" sink tube hilt kit (1.25hiltkit)
    1-Machined aluminum end cap (mendcap)
    1-PolyC Tube (40PolyC)
    1-Acrylic Tip (HalfBall)
    1-1/4" Mono plug (M/plug)
    1-Install Set Screw (SetScrew)
    10 feet of 2.5mm High Bright Long Life (2.5mmHB)
    2 feet of HD polyethylene (PolyE)

The end cap will work with the kit but if your little one wants to play rough the machined end cap is a bargain to not have the guts fall out with every hard hit. I have done Lime, Aqua, Pink, Purple, Green, and Yellow and the Lime and Aqua are the most movie like colors but the yellow, pink, and purple are really nice green is more like a teal, kinda cool but I don't know if I'll do another one.

I am still thinking in the long run that these little sabers would make for a big hit since it has a small inverter and the one small strand of wire.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Strydur

I will add it to my list of things to do. Lets see..hmm..looks like it is item 4,555,776[]

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

is that all tim. sheesh, i figured it was up to a billion by now, lol

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">suit_man Posted - 03/29/2006 : 14:31:26
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    those little guys on the beginning of this thread were about 50 dollars <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's got to be fifty bucks retail. If Tim made up these things I am sure they would be alot stronger and worth price of admission.

tim i am only 12 and the el and led kits look tricky so could you put togther a cheaper easier to make saber kit?

Max do not take offense to this but we know you are 12 so you don't have to tell us everytime you post.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...