Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids saber?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Depending on how many would want one I could put something together like this.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

that would be a great option for the younglings tim. a lil less dangerous than givin them a l3 saber. but then again we can make them el ones instead till theyre older and wont go shining the l3 in their friends face and fryin the eyeballs out. lol

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Tim you have the stuff on the shelf for a youngling ligtsaber. I built one using the 1.25" sinke tube, el blade holder and aluminum end cap. You could make a 20" el blade and a 9 volt battery would power the saber. Or you could just put together a youngling saber kit, either way you would not have to stock any speacial stuff to make one.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Do-Clo this started as a hunt to find what this thing is called and who manufactures it so I could use them for a lightsaber building project for a group of kids at my local YMCA. It really has everything to do with cost and trying to keep it as low as possible since it comes out of my pocket[] I have since built a handful of kids sabers with Tim's stock in 1-1/4" pipe but as you know even with 24" blades your still spending about 60 to 70 bucks to get 'er done. I am guessing that this thing is about 20 bucks or so, and that is just a wild long shot guess but it would bring the cost down huge since you could spruce up the handle or use materials to make hilts over it like in the other pics.
    And of course as I have stated several times before around this forum like, Lan I think that EL IS the way to go with little ones, I wouldn't want my little munchkin's burning their eyes out looking down at a LED.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

That activation box on the kids saber is Ginormous

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    HK-47: Extrapolation: 98% probability the miniature organic's [Jawa] tribe has been captured by the sand people and he wants us to mount a rescue. Revan: What about the other 2%? HK-47: Explanation: 2% probability that the miniature organic meatbag is just looking for trouble and wants us to blast him, although this may just be wishful thinking on my part, master. -Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

If you use the lowes special design for the blade holder you could build an el saber for about $35.00. I realize that you are looking for a low cost idea but it is hard to get to the $20 mark, and I just wanted to point out that the material is on the shelf to do a low cost saber from Tim's parts.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

those little guys on the beginning of this thread were about 50 dollars, if i remember correctly. the biggest expense of a saber is in the blade, but you might be able to get some polyC that is small enough to just have one strand of wire in it. not trying to take business away from tim or anything like that, maybe he could even get it and sell it, but i think that would be the best way. use tiny 9v inverters that are made to power just a few feet of wire, then get polyC that is only big enough for 1 or maybe 2 strands. should be cheap and would be great for kids.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

If you discuss items that I dont offer you arent taking business away from me and no explanation needed. This is how I get ideas of what to stock for you guys.

Its discussing ways of getting around using my items that irks me. Or asking if they can be bought someplace else.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Tim, I know I would buy it if you made it, I have a three year old and was thinking of making him an EL saber.

I will add it to my list of things to do. Lets see..hmm..looks like it is item 4,555,776[]

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop