Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids saber?

Default Kids saber?

Does anyone know where to get or what the name is of a cute little gizmo that would make for a neat start to a kids saber. It is a thin poly tube with a single strand of el-wire through the center attached to a black metal housing that holds the inverter and 3 AA batteries. The "blade" is about 24" and the "hilt is about 10". I wouldn't mind making a few sabers for my son's friends but I can't really spend a fortune either.

Does this help? Anyone? If this is a forbidden topic just let me know. I just can't stand it when I don't know what a part is.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I have never seen one of those before. Interesting design though.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

i have seen them, but i can't remember what the site was.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

That almost looks like a mini-mag lite.

You know, the second I typed that, I had a vision of twisting the blade to get it to come on.

[]

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will.

I saw a reference to a similar device that was listed a rave party light or maybe light wand (I think it was called something like that), I may have seen it in my quest for EL stuff before I found Tim's shop.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Maybe I will have to design something like this for the little ones.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

This would be a nice saber for my kids....

"You'll find Im full of surprises"

Tetmatek has something like that at his house.

I thought it was really neat. I have tried searching for this thing by all kinds of names but no luck. The first time I saw I thought about the maglite thing too, but the switch was a little button on the bottom with a rubber cover more like the big maglites.

Tim, if you think it's a cool idea and want to explore the possibility of making up somthing like this I am pretty sure I can talk the owner into letting you borrow it for a while to spec it. He has been hounding me about a yellow saber anyway[]

I have one of these.

This is the inner part of the mini-saber that Jedigear used sell. They have been closed for a few months now and I don't know if they're coming back. http://www.jedigear.com/

Here is a picture of it w/ the saber "shell"

The shell comes off and you get what is pictured in the original post.

Here is the shell compared to a Parksaber Inertia:

I believe that they were also sold at the Parksabers booth at Comic Con last year.