Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Comparing Luxeons (V, K2, III)

I don't think a nylon blade is more evenly lit, it's just that the nylon blade itself glows, so it looks more like a solid energy beam, than a beam of light inside a clear tube.

And I have used both the cellophane gift wrapping and also the Ultrafilm in my "Dual-Core Diffusion" blades (I like to call them that, just sounds cool!), and haven't noticed that one is better than the other. Where I've seen a slight difference, though, is in using a 10deg lens as opposed to a 5deg in the thin-walled blades...I think the 10deg just disperses the light through the polyP/Cello better than the 5deg. I've even gotten decent results with 15deg lenses as well.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

really I was thinking about that. I have the 5 degree optics and it's nice but I wanted to try the 10 degree to see if it made the blade a little fatter looking. I absolutely love the corbin film, gives it a core look, with the P4 the blade was even lit with just the corbin but it was transparent, so I knew I was losing light. when I put the poly in it just affectively traps the light inside the blade, night and day diference. i've been wanting to try a colored nylon blade for show with a little poly inside. but we will see, for now I love my blade. and I put it together myself, I agree if you have the choice get the mirror tip and not the alluminum disc, huge difference. I used that stuff Er Dan Gill was talking about and worked great no visible effect and can't get the tip off, on a side note though, I have to slam the tip on the get it on the blade, almost didn't have to glue it at all.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

Default That realy worked well!!

Well I got a TCSS blade and I put 4 feet of polyp. in it. And it worked great. No more flaring at the base and tip of the blade. It pretty even, for a green
    K2 on medum low batteries. (not rechargable). So that blade will be used for my next saber housing a lux. V with CF v4 (so excited!). I also took my Obi-Wan-Kenobi MR ROTS stock blade and rolled 4 feet in that to. Very impressive results for both blades. BTW thanks for the polyp. idea guys>