Thread: Hooking up Momentary Corbin Board to a FX-- with a twist

Default Hooking up Momentary Corbin Board to a FX-- with a twist

Will someone look at this and let me know if you think it will work, please.
    Basically I have two of the last Carbon boards-- they are momentary 3Watt. I want to hook them up in sinc with a FX board. Basically the only part that these two boards will share is the on/ off switch. I know that the FX Boards require a latching Carbon board if you want the effects to e controlled by the clash senors-- In this case the momentary switch should control the effects, right?

PS-- I've searched and searched and I've seen the great diagrams for the latching boards. Note that this is a momentary card. Anyways, thanks for your time in advance.

Here' s the diagram--
    http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...ingdiagram.jpg
    Last edited by jpbeck; 04-27-2008 at 11:42 AM.

I remember there was a way to make the corbin board latching but you lose the blade ign/ret effects.

I cant seem to find the diagram anymore, musta gottem lost in the second forum move.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I figured it out-- you can't run both the Corbin board and the MR FX Sound Board off the same power switch because in this case since the Corbin board is the momentary model and therefore you have to switch the latching (MR FX on/off switch twice) to make it stay on--- long story short... it won't work. You have to run them completely separately.

So I have to run another latching switch on the hilt. In the end the saber will need 2 latching switches and 1 momentary switch.

So that's what I'll do unless someone here knows something different.
    Last edited by jpbeck; 04-27-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Another possibility:

There is an IC chip that someone posted about here in the distant past that is basically a latching switch that takes it's commands from a momentary switch.

Basically if it's off and you hit the momentary it switches to on and if it's on it switches off. A quick poke around doesn't find it so you may have to dig a bit... I did find another solution here:

http://www.edn.com/index.asp?layout=...cleid=CA472837

Which looks a bit more complicated than I can deal with on this little sleep