Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nerf Customization.

Default Nerf Customization.

Well after seeing the nerf gun my brother bought for his kid but turns out its way to big for him so hes gonna keep it andpossably do something with it.

Well I got some ideas in my head and started to see what others are doing.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forum...ad.php?t=14243
    http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=30288

Then ultra made some but I cant find the images anymore.

So I got some creative juices going and a blaster will be my next project. Iam gonna do some searching and see what kinda rebel forces there are that we havent seen much of or any at all. I would be way to easy to do a custom buckethead with an altered nerf blaster. So iam gonna do things the hard way, the way I like to do thing. If you start doing something hard its gonna turn out cool, if you doo things the easy way your gonna get bored with it quick.

So my brother has this nerf gun.

http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/default.c...oduct_id=16523

And I had an idea for this, get some kinda controller so it spins the barrel and when it spins it make the light flash everytime.

But sence it dosent have a forgrip handle its pritty uncomfertable to me so Iam gonna try a different model, Probley this one here.

http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/default.c...oduct_id=20982

Sence everyone is doing the long shot I want to try something else. with some ideas I dont want to devulge quite yet.

So if you have seen some custom nerf blasters post them up.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

This is actually something I have often thought about, I'll be making a trip to wal-mart tomorrow. I'll look for some pics as well.

In a couple weeks Iam gonna be picking up a blaster myself and thinking what I can do with it right now. Got to wait for erv to come up with something.

Note I found this place.

http://nerfhaven.com/forums/
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 04-24-2008 at 08:36 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I got this the other day to play around with.
    gonna work on moding it up, but want to keep it able to shoot darts

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kevin/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kevin/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.jpg[/IMG]

Man I love when people paint and mod their nerf guns! Most the time I can't tell/believe it's a nerf.

I've been wanting to get the longshot sniper one for awhile. Right now I have the maveric as posted above and the one with the light aimer thingy. I'll have to look into painting 'em to look like awesome blasters.

Off topic side note: Not long after I had bought the maveric, I was admiring it and forgot I had ****ed it and just happend to be looking down the barrel and pulled the trigger to watch it spin. Didn't end very happy. Got shot right in the eye and man it hurt. At least my eye was fine but I was figiting with it for awhile.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

LMAO!!!!

I take it you never seen the movie a christmas story before?

http://images.cafepress.com/image/11602708_400x400.jpg

But yeah I got some ideas already, Iam eather gonna get the longshot and not use the forward gun or get the recon and alter the crap out of the stock.

But eventually its nolonger gonna shoot darts.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkaiHalon View Post

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kevin/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kevin/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.jpg[/IMG]
    That's the same gun that I've painted. 3 of them so far. Buy a lot of masking tape and try not to use metallic paint. It's pretty thick so it will run all over those guns. I primed the hell out of them and it still didn't help. Flat colors work best, and DON'T get "plastic paint". That stuff runs worse than the metallic. A quick touch with the dremel will get the logos off also. Next one I'm painting is the big gun.

Well, thereŽs this guy on ebay whoŽs offering this: Modded Nerf gun pack

Thought youŽd like to have a look at it, even just for painting ideas... I really like the "Aliens" look on them

My son has the Maverick as well as a few other ones, and that thing is the worst of the bunch for actually being able to shoot it. Maybe it's gotten worn over lots of use, but the chamber never seems to line up right with barrel, and the darts won't fire....and it doesn't matter which ones we use...we have the whistling darts, the suction cup darts, the glow in the dark darts and the velcro tipped darts, and it won't shoot any of them.

I have the the two Star Wars versions of the Nerf blasters, the Rebel Trooper blster and the Clone Trooper blaster. both of those are original, but I've thought about painting them.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

Quote Originally Posted by ArkaiHalon View Post

sweet, I have that gun too! I love how it looks like this huge bad a$$ revolver... I was going to bring it to work but then decided that wasnt the best idea Ive had. Never thought about painting it though that might be cool!

DDD!