Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nerf Customization.

I've got the Longshot, and one of my "when I get around to it" projects - mostly because it'll be easy as heck - is to grind off the Nerf logos and paint the whole thing flat black. Can't decide on what to do the highlights in - might go OD like the mod pack Vazan posted.

Actually, now that I think about it, I could do a "worn" look and do an undercoat of grey or silver, and buff the black off in some spots for that "lived in" look.

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by chase View Post
    That's the same gun that I've painted. 3 of them so far. Buy a lot of masking tape and try not to use metallic paint. It's pretty thick so it will run all over those guns. I primed the hell out of them and it still didn't help. Flat colors work best, and DON'T get "plastic paint". That stuff runs worse than the metallic. A quick touch with the dremel will get the logos off also. Next one I'm painting is the big gun.
    You can prevent that by hitting it in multiple light coats rather than trying to coat it in color in the first pass. If you spray lightly, let it dry for a minute or two, hit it again lightly, let it dry, etc you will get a much more even finish that will be more durable as well.

That ebay ad is nuts, I wouldent pay that for that. the pistol is nice but I hate the mav.

I hear some at the RPF dont like these ebayers calling them alien s guns when its not even close.

http://nerfhaven.com/forums/

These guys, mod thesse things in a totally different way. Me I dont plan on it shooting darts. When I first found the site I was like oh cool lets see what these guys do. I was hopeing they would like mod them to look different, no they mod them to shot them. Theres actually nerf games that can last for days on end. ITs nuts.
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 04-25-2008 at 11:46 AM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbat View Post
    You can prevent that by hitting it in multiple light coats rather than trying to coat it in color in the first pass. If you spray lightly, let it dry for a minute or two, hit it again lightly, let it dry, etc you will get a much more even finish that will be more durable as well.
    Yeah, that's what I was doing, but on the barrel of the revolver, that's the part I'm talking about. It just drips mostly because of the contours and gravity....and high high humidity. (I live in GA)

FYI a longshot at walmart is gonna be about $36.
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 04-26-2008 at 06:27 AM.

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Dude Canary, that guys you posted was sick!! I was thinking of something similar but with a blade underneath.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

A Lightbayonet!!!!

Oh and steampunk fans this is for you.

http://gizmodo.com/383943/steampunk-...n-someones-ass

But what really annoys me is the closed minded nes this nerfhaven has. They think larp and stuff we do is stupid. well to me larp is kinda silly, and prop makers like stuff we do is silly. Yet there running around shooting foam darts at each other. Yeah like they have any room to speak.
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 04-26-2008 at 12:15 AM.

Shooting foam darts at each other really isn't that much different than say, shooting rubber BB's at each other, paint balls, laser beams, etc. It's really all a matter of personal preference. Why some people have to knock what other people do for fun is beyond me....

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I modded my Nerf Rebel Blaster so that I could wear it with my Rebel Fleet Trooper costume.

Some people just paint theirs and that's it. Or they cut off the ****ing ring and render it unable to fire.

I had to go further than that and I wanted to keep the firing capablity. What I did was to cut off the dart holder on the side, and filled in all the screw holes, except the one to the battery compartment, and cut off the original ****ing ring and modded that. I also took off the clear cover at the end of the scope, painted it black inside (it bugs me to see green or blue inside some people's scopes) and added a circular piece of plastic to mount a piece of red fluorescent acrylic rod into.

You can see the rod in this pic:

I wanted the back to look good, and more like the MR version, so I beefed up the ****ing lever, added a ring and a "plate" that I glued and screwed on.

Then, since I'd be using this for a costume, I had to make a holster for it:

Here's how it looks with my belt.

In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!