Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know where to get Colored Thumbscrews?

Default Anyone know where to get Colored Thumbscrews?

Anyone know where to get Colored Thumbscrews?
    like a Red Anodized Aluminum Thumbscrew or Blue. ive been doing alot of serching on the internet and came up empty. i thought i saw someone who sells sabers or saberparts selling them on their website but i cant remember the site.

A sweet source of anodized thumbscrews is the custom PC case market. Do some digging around there and see what you can turn up. At one time, you used to be able to get case screws in every color of the rainbow. Don't ask me what thread pattern they have...I dunno.
    Last edited by Jonitus; 04-24-2008 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Brainfart

yea, i did a search a search for those and BOOM!! there poped up a ton of sites that have em. but like you said, no idea what thread pattern

If memory serves correctly (which is asking a lot these days), the majority of threaded holes on a PC case are threaded M3 (metric). I know you can get a drill and tap set for M3 at the hardware store.

SWEET!!! ok i found a site that sell different colors and states the thread. here is a link...
    http://www.svc.com/vastsred.html

6-32 thumb screws but they come in packs of 10. Hummm maybe these could be offered here a TCSS?? I just wonder if 6-32 is the standard size for Case thumbscrews.

Those look nice. The length of the threaded portion might not be long enough for blade retention on some blade holders, but maybe thats where a person could have a section machined down to allow these to work?

Good find.

thanks Jonitus
    you were a big help. i never thought to look for these there.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I don't know if it's possible or not, but e-mail Tim and ask if he can powder coat the thumb screws he sells in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    I don't know if it's possible or not, but e-mail Tim and ask if he can powder coat the thumb screws he sells in the store.
    I think he is looking into that. There was talk about that on the "Wishing" thred.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-RED-Case-Th...742.m153.l1262

Bought from this guy on monday, arrived today!!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?