Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MHS Plan for saber

Force Aware

Default MHS Plan for saber

So I have been deep in photoshop with the MHS rendered images, I want to know what everyone else thinks of this.

I would like the Lux V Royal Blue with a 1000ma Buck Puck. I have been trying to get a hilt that will fit the 9v AA pack. I am not sure I want to step into rechargable Lithium yet...

Plan on getting the super wet black powder coating on the black sections.

Also I have a general question about the machined switch hole, can it fit in the choke point? Oh, and the thumbscrew at the blade holder, will that actually touch the blade or do I need to move it up?

Thanks for looking, this is an awesome site!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking

Sweet! Dude!

Give it a red blade

Full of Win & Awesome. Current ranking, 10 internetz.
    Sponsoring internetz increases levels of Win & Awesome.
    Barmic youve got me started on something now

Just a side note: I'd move the blade retention screw to the opposite side, so it doesn't scrape you when it's "holstered".

And yes that will hit the bottom of the blade. Just barely though.
    WHAT THE %*#& IS AN ALUMINIUM FALCON?!

As for the battery pack, I don't think it will fit. I use a green LuxV and the batteries take up almost a whole 7in. section. For the switch, it MIGHT fit, but I really doubt it. If you want LuxV, you might HAVE to get a recharge pack in order for it to fit. For the retaining thumbscrew, you would want to move it up to around the middle of the emitter. My brother has one of those emitters and put the thumbscrew a little low and the blade gets wobbly. You can put two thumbscrews in it and never have to worry about that blade going anywhere.

Looks really cool though.....I do like the idea of the super wet black PC.

The switch wont fit where it is.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Yeah, you'll have to move the thumb screw forward from where it's locatd in the pic. With it right there, you'll be drilling through the mounting threads and it'll lock down the optics, not the blade. The thumbscrew works best when centered in the holder so it puts equal pressure on the 2" of blade that's in the holder.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Force Aware

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEuc View Post
    Just a side note: I'd move the blade retention screw to the opposite side, so it doesn't scrape you when it's "holstered".
    Thank you! Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by chase View Post
    As for the battery pack, I don't think it will fit. I use a green LuxV and the batteries take up almost a whole 7in. section. For the switch, it MIGHT fit, but I really doubt it. If you want LuxV, you might HAVE to get a recharge pack in order for it to fit. For the retaining thumbscrew, you would want to move it up to around the middle of the emitter. My brother has one of those emitters and put the thumbscrew a little low and the blade gets wobbly. You can put two thumbscrews in it and never have to worry about that blade going anywhere.

Looks really cool though.....I do like the idea of the super wet black PC.
    Thank you for the tip about the wobblyness, I'll move it forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    The switch wont fit where it is.
    Thank you, I'll move it forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Yeah, you'll have to move the thumb screw forward from where it's locatd in the pic. With it right there, you'll be drilling through the mounting threads and it'll lock down the optics, not the blade. The thumbscrew works best when centered in the holder so it puts equal pressure on the 2" of blade that's in the holder.
    Thank you for that, I'll put it centered.

Force Aware

I updated the plans to include the changes mentioned above.

Oh, as for the battery pack I measured in photoshop the size of the 6 AA pack and there is room for it to fit between the pummel and the choke point, I was thinking of putting the buckpuck on the other side of the choke with the switch; is that a good idea?

Thank you for looking.

Any other suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

yeah look real good, just needs a red blade

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln