Thread: How do I wire up a LUKE ROTJ MR board to a relay without the LED Wire Connectors?

Default How do I wire up a LUKE ROTJ MR board to a relay without the LED Wire Connectors?

I have a Luke ROTJ MR board but unfortunately I no longer have the Male LED string Connectors that are attached to the LED strings. I was planning on desoldering the Female connector on the board and solder in some wires to power a relay but do not know which wire is negative or positive.

I tried digging through some of the old MR to Lux conversion threads but they all seem to be missing or redirect me back to the main forum

look closely at the area you have circled, the leads label VDD and HIT are +, all of the other connections are -. you can just solder all of the negative wires together on the backside of the board, just use a piece of wire to sit across them all (NOT the VDD or HIT) the vdd is the led+ out, as well as the hit sensor + output.
    Last edited by Dark Helmet; 04-19-2008 at 09:09 AM.
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

This diagram might also be helpful when wiring up the rest of the electronics:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=1023

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

THANKS! that diagram helped ALOT, so theres only 1 positive wire coming out from that bundle right?

yup, the brown is your+, all the others can be soldered together if you want to drive an led from it, they will become your negative . when I commented earlier I failed to notice the shock sensor input on that board is seperated...sorry
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

yep, and the speaker has its own positive and negative wires.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics