Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's the dimensions?

Default What's the dimensions?

Hi,

I was searching for the exact measurements of the MHS stuff... so I'll just ask here, I'm looking for the Outer Diameter measurement of each. Cause I'm actually thinking of getting a pvc pipe big enough to encase one MHS tube so I can carve the PVC pipe into a decoration around the MHS saber.. any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks!

Draconis

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The OD is 1.45" Lowes or Home Depot should sell pvc that fits nicely.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

*bows* Awesome.. thank you!

Speaking of dimensions, whats the ID for the ribbed section?

Thanks

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Do all the MHS parts have the same ID? I am building several stunt props and want to mount carbon fiber and/or aluminum stunt blades in the hilts. I'd like to use MHS to build all the sabers, but I have to make sure it's doable!

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    The OD is 1.45" Lowes or Home Depot should sell pvc that fits nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Five View Post
    Id = 1.15"
    Quote Originally Posted by tumblemonster View Post
    Do all the MHS parts have the same ID? I am building several stunt props and want to mount carbon fiber and/or aluminum stunt blades in the hilts. I'd like to use MHS to build all the sabers, but I have to make sure it's doable!

Thanks in advance.

*Sigh*
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Hasid thats a good link and yeah noobs SHOULD read it first...but that link while containing pretty much everything ELSE about the MHS does NOT contain simple dimensional data about the MHS system...not even the O.D and particularly the I.D. of the basic double female hilt and extensions...so its not unreasonable that even AFTER reading that a noob might still ask.

Perhaps that data needs to be added to that thread...its a rather basic concern but also a rather basic oversight that it isnt there already.

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    Hasid that's a good link and yeah noobs SHOULD read it first...but that link while containing pretty much everything ELSE about the MHS does NOT contain simple dimensional data about the MHS system...not even the O.D and particularly the I.D. of the basic double female hilt and extensions...so its not unreasonable that even AFTER reading that a noob might still ask.

Perhaps that data needs to be added to that thread...its a rather basic concern but also a rather basic oversight that it isn't there already.
    I'd like to see the 'Dimensions' tabs under items in the store contain data. Tim puts some - but not all - of the dimensions in the 'Description' tab, but as far as I can see, the 'Dimension' tab is being wasted.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    Hasid thats a good link and yeah noobs SHOULD read it first...but that link while containing pretty much everything ELSE about the MHS does NOT contain simple dimensional data about the MHS system...not even the O.D and particularly the I.D. of the basic double female hilt and extensions...so its not unreasonable that even AFTER reading that a noob might still ask.

Perhaps that data needs to be added to that thread...its a rather basic concern but also a rather basic oversight that it isnt there already.

I'm going to add it in right now

EDIT: If someone can post the inner diameter of the choke points I would be grateful
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 01-31-2009 at 01:47 PM.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!