Thread: 2 LEDs from one powersource with two switches?

Default 2 LEDs from one powersource with two switches?

Hi,

I'm new to the forums and incorporating electronics into lightsabers. No idea what I'm doing, but I'm learning a lot from reading these forums. I have a lightsaber design that I'm working on and was wondering if it's possible to ignite 2 LEDs from one powersource and two switches, one for each LED. Is that possible? or do I need two powersources. I'm not going to ask about the soundboard.. but just wanted to know if there's a way to do the 2 LEDs.. thanks for any help!

Draconis
    Last edited by Draconis Magnus; 04-17-2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: spelling

A buckpuck can drive multiple leds as long as you have enough voltage, there are some guidelines in the item description on the store page for the pucks.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Bu...000mA-P10.aspx

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Bu...-700mA-P9.aspx (out of stock)

oh wow.. thank you Arm on Fire.. dang, I'm learning so much.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

There's no reason you couldn't use two seperate circuits and one battery. You would just have to account for double the draw.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband View Post
    There's no reason you couldn't use two seperate circuits and one battery. You would just have to account for double the draw.
    Hmmm... interesting.. I'm like a total noob when it comes to electronics and soldering stuff. But I'm determined to learn from all you veterans here on these boards. Is there like a chart to go by on what voltage is needed for each LED that's out there? Sorry if this is so basic stuff, but like I said, I'm not even a padawan when it comes to these kind of things.