Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MR construction set

I've taken mine apart several times (so many times the pins are about falling out).
    I used grayven's videos as a guide the first time.

I made it a "Sunriders Destiny" teal blade with my own custom grips.
    I'll probably get a longer blade although the short one is nice for indoors.
    Last edited by kincharbamin; 05-06-2008 at 08:16 AM.

AoF thx for the information I was afraid of that every other MR Blade I have had apart was the same way, well I guess for now I will just add mirrors to each tip and leave them stock and worry about adding a CSS Emitter and new Blades till they break.
    K I have to agree with you I also really like the shorter blades and since I am mainly planning on using this as a double saber I can adjust the overall length by just adding a little bit longer coupler in the middle.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Let me know how that double blade turns out.
    When I first saw this thing, that was my thought.
    my son really wants a double. Two of these would be affordable and I think will work out great. I got him one, I might just have to go buy a 2nd for that purpose.
    Last edited by kincharbamin; 05-06-2008 at 07:48 AM.

Okay I stripped down one of them today and here are the results I got(Man 2 pins 3 screws so easy):
    Jedi Joe Specs:
    ------------------------------------
    Main Hilt ID: 1.2310"
    Main Hilt OD: 1.3615"
    Blade ID: 0.0560"
    Blade OD: 0.9875"
    Blade Length In Hilt: 3.7415"
    -------------------------------------
    Okay the diffuser is not removable but I am adding a mirror and it should help a lot, these are awfully thin walled blades but you could install Tims 1.25"Emitters and upgrade to Thick walled blades, I apologize for the picture quality but my Camera is AWOL so I had to use my phone. I also noticed that you could use a different activation switch since it only uses 2 connections and they nicely labeled the board for easy id of connections, well since the Blade is almost 4 " in I am keeping them stock for now and see how they hold up. I hope this all answers some questions.

Last edited by GFORCE13; 05-08-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------