Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: P4 vs. K2 comparison pics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that even with the over-exposure you would still be able to measure light output.

In the fireworks setting pic, the exposure time on both light sources (sabers) was the same, but there's more over-exposure (white) on the P4, so wouldn't that mean that more light was absorbed by the lens? resulting from higher light output?

Sort of, and close enough for Government work.

Digital photography's not exactly like film photography, and when you're taking saber pics, especially with a "snapshot" camera, all kinds of funky can happen. I use a Nikon D-40, which allows me to set the aperture (F-stop), Shutter Speed, ISO (roughly corresponds with "film speed", y'know, 200 or 400 being the most common), and I took a pic of my cyan MR conversion. RL, it's a dim Kelly Green, almost teal. My first photo of it, and the photo on Ultra's site, made it look a heck of a lot more blue.
    "In the battle with one's self, there can be no winner, for the victor and vanquished are one and the same"

-Me

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

again with the blue? That sure is an odd phenomena... I'm learning almost as much about photography as I am about saber construction...