Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The chosen one Vader or luke....dun dun dun.

Default The chosen one Vader or luke....dun dun dun.

I remember a while back there was a huge debate about who was really the chosen one, ani/vader or luke.

Well Iam watching my recordings of the PT and in the beginning of the films they have about like a half hour segment on somethings like the combat for each person and some behind the scenes type stuff(I missed the ones on TPM). But iam watching EP3 and they were talking about the chosen one and george lucas himself says that ani/vader is the chosen one.

Its been bothering the crap out of me about this ani-luke the chosen one debate and now I can let that rest and prove to a couple buddy's of mine that ani/vader really is the chosen one.

And then they cut to hayden and he said there was a huge cheer from the crew when he went out on set wearing the vader suit.

I love this behind the scenes stuff, I can watch it over and over more than the movie itself.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Anikin, to me, is the chosen one. He did bring balance to the force, just not when or in a way that the Jedi had predicted/hoped. (And tho I haven't read much of what was written about what happened afterwards, it seemed short lived).

It's the only part of the first 3 movies I really enjoy.

Yeah, Anakin brought balance to the Force by killing off everyone and allowing for the creation of the NJO, essentially hitting the "reset" button on the entire Force-user population.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

He definitely got rid of all the Jedi who weren't' force sensitive enough to realize they were going to be shot in the back.

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Yeah but I always took it as that Vader was the chosen one but he was also never suppose to have offspring, so in a way without Luke he would have never reached that goal, He was suppose to lead the Jedi into the balance. But as Sidious said, Your arrogance blinds you master Yoda, yoda was too prideful and had instructed and allowed his feelings to run through the entire Jedi order. that's why I feel qui gon had to die, if he would have been alive he would have fought the council on everything related to anakin and maybe they would have seen something different, but as great as obi wan was he was still a Jedi. I will be curious when Plageis (?) book comes out to see if Sidious knew about this, and when He did, or if he just happened on anakin at qui gons act.

Side note though; there are alot of chosen ones talked about through the history maybe the chosen one didn't really refer to a person but maybe a family line? being maybe Jacen will do the same?

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

It always amused me that the Jedi were so bad at math.

"The one who will bring balance to the force"

So there are two Sith and how many Jedi... and nobody saw that one coming?

It always has been clear for me: VADER and no one else is the one that fullfill the profecy. Remember that he was the one that finally kills the Emperor (he picked him up and throw him).
    Not only a partner, but a friend

*Two Cents* Let this one roll around your head a little. Balance in my opinion would be to level out both sides. With 50+ Jedi and only 2 sith, the only way to balance it is to raise 50+ sith or eliminate all but 2 jedi. How did the jedi not see that coming. Anakin/Vader did balance things out as promised.
    WHAT THE %*#& IS AN ALUMINIUM FALCON?!

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

on a side note, Vader did not kill the emperor, He tried but it was actually Luke who killed the emperor, and then after that there were no Jedi or Sith, so think about that one, vader may have brought balance but it was through Luke that he did. NUmbers dont represent balance, balance is only acchieved when both sides are united as when Luke killed the emperor and rejoined the light. just because there were two sith and two mentioned Jedi alive doesn't mean anything, for the books state that there were many Jedi that exiled themselves. And my idea of balance isn't the emperor ruling the galaxy, it's the rise of the republic again.
    Last edited by DARTH KALEL; 04-14-2008 at 01:48 PM.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

How did vader not kill the emperor? He tossed him down that shaft. I dont care what unaverse your from thats got to kill.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics