Thread: 1st MHS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool 1st MHS

Ok, I know I should have posted these pics at least 2 Sundays ago. But had probs w/camera like being unable to find it and having my pics delete when I transfer them to my laptop, so I had to start again w/new pics. Then I took too many and had to choose the best I thought would represent my 1st MHS.
    Then I found out we can only have 5 pics per post. Now that I got all that done, heres my new and 1st MHS.
    I decided to go with:
    LED Blade Holder 4
    MHS thin neck "choke point" section
    MHS ribbed extension v-grooved
    Cut 3 1/2" sink tube
    MPS Pommel style 4
    and MPS Insert style 5.
    I tried to keep it between 11"-12" for accuracy and ended up with 12 1/4" total.
    The grips on the upper vent are 8-3/16" ID Black O-rings and the lower are alarm tags that we all have in our DVD movie cases. I've been using them for about 5 years as grips and they work great too. They never come off once I reuse them.
    I installed the new SPST Latching Guarded switch with red button, which is really nice and flush with the handle and a Black machined Covertec button. I'm thinking of making this an Orange blade which is what I want but all the topics on Orange blades has me wondering if it will be bright enough like I want. 2nd choice is Cyan and 3rd is Green.
    But I will work on that next. All in all, I like it. It turned out well and has a nice feel to it. Well thats it for now, let me know what you all think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice saber.

I think the grips and the switch look really cool together.

I would have never thought to put the DVD alarm sensors on the hilt as grips.

If you are able to find a good orange Lux III, let me know as my brother wants that color for his saber.

If your gonna go with white + filters for orange then get a SSC P4
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Nice saber. I would have thought to use those as grips either, but they look great!
    I love how the new switches look.
    Looks good!

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Very nice!! I've been planning a saber similar to that.

And loveing the bottom grip.

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Yeah I agree with Hasid, use the p4, with Tims filters and how bright that P4 is you can get some great oranges. I have one in my superman saber and it's great i really love it. I plan on putting one in the harley saber and I wouldn't do that if I couldn't get a good orange color and bright. Plus I can get a great cyan and green with the P4 as well so you wouldn't have to settle.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln