Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to tap the blade screw?

Default Where to tap the blade screw?

Hey guys. I tried to search this up, but there's nothing useful I could find. I have blade holder 5 and I was just wondering where would be the best place to tap the hole and what thread size would be best? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

"The Force is my ally. And a powerful ally it is."

before someone sets you on fire...

pick the thumbscrew you want. It will be the size you need to drill to hole. (8-32, 10-32)

then get the matching drill and tap size

pick a spot in the thin "neck" part of BH5 and drill away
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Darth Leximus, I already tried to drill and tap the hole on the thin "neck", but the screw won't go in all the way when the blade is inserted.

"The Force is my ally. And a powerful ally it is."

Mine did the same thing, the screws come a little long, I believe thats so you can fit a shroud under it and the blade screw can help hold that down.

If you dont want it sticking up like that just take a dremel, if you have one or know someone who does, and just cut the little extra off.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

if you use a dremel use a vice or needlenose to hold the screw when you cut it... and dont touch the screw for a few minutes after cutting cause it will be hot!

I use the 10-32 screw but you can go smaller or larger, it just needs to go in and butt up against the blade to put pressure on it...

DDD

Yeah…definitely put the blade screw in a vise or something when cutting it. If not, it’ll go winging across the room at the speed of light and you’ll never find it again. And if you are lucky enough to find it, it will be the temperature of the sun when you go to pick it up.

Another idea is, run a nut up the shank of the screw so after cutting you can screw the nut off and clean the threads up some what.

That may not be the best place for the screw, but you've already drilled your hole. Be careful, the material is thin right there, and you run the risk of stripping the threads after awhile. I would use a simple set screw up closer to the front of the emitter, like this:

It leaves a much cleaner appearance on the saber, but the downside ie having to carry a wrench around to remove the blade.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    That may not be the best place for the screw, but you've already drilled your hole. Be careful, the material is thin right there, and you run the risk of stripping the threads after awhile. I would use a simple set screw up closer to the front of the emitter, like this:

It leaves a much cleaner appearance on the saber, but the downside ie having to carry a wrench around to remove the blade.
    yeah what jay did here is the best set up for this emitter. I did mine the same way. doing it on the thing neck you would have to cut the screw or whatever you used down.
    ...YUP!

That's where mine is on my Amber.

"To the Masters you listen." God, I haven't been that nerdy in a long time....

And Leximus, we rarely shoot people down if they have a valid question. Some of us are nice, so shush Darth, if that is your real name!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Darth seems to be a pretty common first name.... LoL
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!