Thread: Question: First MHS LS

Default Question: First MHS LS

Alright I recently bought from Tim the blade holder style 8, which is this blade holder http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Sc...e-8--P188.aspx
    And, I know I need to Drill a hole and thread it, which i just learned how to like three days ago. I also just practiced soldering.

But, now I am ready to begin constructing the thing after buying all the parts a bit ago and waiting on some news ones I just bought.

But my question is does anyone know where I should drill the hole on the Style 8 of the blade holders.? And Will I have to drill a hole in the blade itself? is that how it works? I looked at all the tutorials on how to make the MHS lightsabers but I wasn't able to find anything about how the blade holds.
    I know it is common sense that the screw does it, but you guys are uber at this stuff so might as well ask
    Thank you if you are able to answer my question ( understanding it I mean )
    -The force is my ally.

You do not have to drill a hole in the blade itself. Just in the blade holder. After you do that, and tap the hole the screw will bottom out against the blade, putting pressure on it to keep it in the holder. Probably the best place to drill and tap for this screw is right about here:

That's actually a style 5 blade holder, but it works out the same. I used a stainless steel 1/4-20 1/4" long setscrew in that one to help maintain the look of the blade holder. I personally think that a thumbscrew looks out of place on these two holders.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    You do not have to drill a hole in the blade itself. Just in the blade holder. After you do that, and tap the hole the screw will bottom out against the blade, putting pressure on it to keep it in the holder. Probably the best place to drill and tap for this screw is right about here:

That's actually a style 5 blade holder, but it works out the same. I used a stainless steel 1/4-20 1/4" long setscrew in that one to help maintain the look of the blade holder. I personally think that a thumbscrew looks out of place on these two holders.
    You are surely Jedi, because that was my next question about the thumbscrews messing up what the Blade Holder resembles or is supposed to like like.
    Thank you
    Can't wait to start drilling.
    At work at the moment.
    -The force is my ally.