Thread: 1st MHS

Cool 1st MHS

Ok, I know I should have posted these pics at least 2 Sundays ago. But had probs w/camera like being unable to find it and having my pics delete when I transfer them to my laptop, so I had to start again w/new pics. Then I took too many and had to choose the best I thought would represent my 1st MHS.
    Then I found out we can only have 5 pics per post. Now that I got all that done, heres my new and 1st MHS.
    I decided to go with:
    LED Blade Holder 4
    MHS thin neck "choke point" section
    MHS ribbed extension v-grooved
    Cut 3 1/2" sink tube
    MPS Pommel style 4
    and MPS Insert style 5.
    I tried to keep it between 11"-12" for accuracy and ended up with 12 1/4" total.
    The grips on the upper vent are 8-3/16" ID Black O-rings and the lower are alarm tags that we all have in our DVD movie cases. I've been using them for about 5 years as grips and they work great too. They never come off once I reuse them.
    I installed the new SPST Latching Guarded switch with red button, which is really nice and flush with the handle and a Black machined Covertec button. I'm thinking of making this an Orange blade which is what I want but all the topics on Orange blades has me wondering if it will be bright enough like I want. 2nd choice is Cyan and 3rd is Green.
    But I will work on that next. All in all, I like it. It turned out well and has a nice feel to it. Well thats it for now, let me know what you all think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice saber.

I think the grips and the switch look really cool together.

I would have never thought to put the DVD alarm sensors on the hilt as grips.

If you are able to find a good orange Lux III, let me know as my brother wants that color for his saber.

If your gonna go with white + filters for orange then get a SSC P4
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Nice saber. I would have thought to use those as grips either, but they look great!
    I love how the new switches look.
    Looks good!

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Very nice!! I've been planning a saber similar to that.

And loveing the bottom grip.

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Yeah I agree with Hasid, use the p4, with Tims filters and how bright that P4 is you can get some great oranges. I have one in my superman saber and it's great i really love it. I plan on putting one in the harley saber and I wouldn't do that if I couldn't get a good orange color and bright. Plus I can get a great cyan and green with the P4 as well so you wouldn't have to settle.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

Nice!! That saber is fresh!

now be careful walking out of the DVD store with all those alarm tags on there.

BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP!!!

hehehehe.

DDD!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DDanDevious View Post
    Nice!! That saber is fresh!

now be careful walking out of the DVD store with all those alarm tags on there.

BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP!!!

hehehehe.

DDD!

LOL, Bro a buddy of mine at work said the same thing when I showed him one of my older sabers. LOL, I can see it now....No officer I didn't steal anything it's my Lightsaber grips, really I swear!!! Yea sure pal, Tell it to the judge. LOL!!!
    {KOTOR} Knights of the Old Republic

I am a Jedi Guardian
    I will Protect & Defend
    The Old & Weak
    The Young & Innocent

Very nice. And creative use of those alarm tags. We also finally get to see the guarded switch mounted. Looks good.

Overall nice saber, and creative!

Maverick