Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Question about green led's

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Default Question about green led's

Right now I am using a green lux III in my MHS with a CF 3.0. While I'm driving the led at 1.5 (max) I beleive. Which of the current leds will give me a brighter blade, I do realize the type of blade and film play a part but I can't keep up with all the new stuff and don't wan't to buy several led's to get the brightest one possible.

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The lux3s greens hit their max at about 1 amp, maybe a little more, K2s are 1.5 amps. I've actually had better results with a lux3 vice K2 with my cf. I have a green seoul p4 on the way, I'll let you know what I think when I throw it in. It's rated at 180+ lumens, so I'm expecting good things.

excellent. Are you stationed at the base over there?

BLUE 3- Ready

Vortex, technically you can overdrive the Lux III from 1000ma (norm) to 1500ma (over-drive). It doesn't really improve the brightness so much compared to overdriving a Lux V.

A K2 Green is 1500ma (norm). I've never tried over-driving a K2... mainly because I have never had a driver setup that exceeds 1.5A.

A Lux V is brightness at the cost of having a fairly monumental forward voltage (6.85v). If you're driving it... I would not recommend anything less than 9v. In fact, 11.1v (10.8 rated) would probably be good.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

ya and that's about where I'm at voltage wise, I only have a 7.2 pack and the 1 lux V I had didn't end well so I kind of lost my taste for them. lol. I'm just likeing the green better now that it's got some brightness to it. I just wan't to try and get brighter. (don't we all)

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

To me the V and Rebel are pretty tied. In my mind I like the Rebel simply for voltage and 7.2V isn't just barely enough, it's execive.

The Seoul P4 Green is rated for 180 lumens... in my opinion that's the biggest load of BS ever, It sucked, again SUCKED!
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband View Post
    The Seoul P4 Green is rated for 180 lumens... in my opinion that's the biggest load of BS ever, It sucked, again SUCKED!
    dawgonnit... money well spent...

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    dawgonnit... money well spent...
    i know this thread is for Green LEDs...
    but I just wanted to say, I found a site with 5 Bin 1 Cyan LEDs in stock... im ordering a couple...

Well my brother changed out his luxIII green for a k2 green and I dont notice any difference at all between the 2. same CF settings same blade. fresh charge and all that other jazz.

I just dont see that 20 lumen extra difference.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    Well my brother changed out his luxIII green for a k2 green and I dont notice any difference at all between the 2. same CF settings same blade. fresh charge and all that other jazz.

I just dont see that 20 lumen extra difference.
    What in the world did you expect? The K2 would mirror a III until you drive it harder.
    RED LEADER Standing by!