Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Two New Sabers i'm working on

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Default Superman Saber Update!!! New pics

Hey guys just need some feedback on these sabers as far as finished materials color schemes and the like. right now they are sink tube base with PVC outers, the wrap on the superman one is just a play on color as will have leather tucked under the slide over sections and will be rivited instead of the sheet screws that are shown, put how does everybody feel about the PVC look for deco or should go metal with high gloss paint let me know, post it up lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DARTH KALEL; 05-01-2008 at 03:15 AM.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I like the one with the sink knob pommel. If it was a dark blue and burgundy, would be a good superman saber. The other one with the pointy pommel and the wrap doesn't grab me as much, but it's not bad.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm imagining the superman to be the green crystal (from the first reeves film); the one he used to create his fortress - green with a weathered leather wrap.... that'd be something to see. Is that close to what you're planning?

And pcv, at least around here, is pretty easily identified as pvc, so I'd go with a more metallic or in the super-saber, natuallly elemental...

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

it's made to look alot like the fortress or anything else kryptonian made, that's why the points. the pommel side will have a LED in it with the "sheild" of superman as a grill. it's just a 5 min fit for suggestions or the wrap will be a yellow gift wrap style with clear outer to similate a crystal look, remember guys the superman sword is ancient so it's not going to be too fancy but it's still going to look nice, it's indestructable pretty much maybe even use a multi sided pipe to actually get the hilt outer sections to actually look like crystals but like i said lets hear all the feedback

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

Mr. Abe Lincoln

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

i'm not a great artist drawing wise but i can stick parts together quicker than snot so I do these make up pieces to help me visualize the outcome and size I like things to be even.

Mr. Abe Lincoln

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

that would be cool but the only reason it was green was because of technology at the time could not really get the blue to show up so well. It was Clear with a faint red blue mixed color in the comic. but a great idea for a kryptonite saber HMMMMMMMM I really like that idea with a rocks style hilt man so many yet to build lol

Mr. Abe Lincoln

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

I was also thinking maybe some colored poly carbonate or something like that not alot of metal used on krypton, and the sith one will also have claws and maybe different pommel design

Mr. Abe Lincoln

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

plus the color green has usually referenced something deadly to superman not a pure spectrum was once suggested

Mr. Abe Lincoln

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I like where you're going with that kryptonite idea - that's more what I was imagining

btw, there IS an edit button

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Here are a little more ideas and a more detail look at the sith one, I think I will end up changing the pommel in the sith model just because that one looks more Jedi to me, I had the same pommel on the superman saber but like the look of the crystal dock station miniture with the hilt. deffinitely going to have some custom LEDs throughout the hilt to accent different pieces.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mr. Abe Lincoln