Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 750 lumen white LED?

Default 750 lumen white LED?

Different brand of LED, crazy lumen output. Check this out.

http://www.rapidonline.com/productin...79439#techspec
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Holy cow! lol

At 13v for fwd v... now THAT will require quite a punch! I wonder about the heatsinking. But still... pretty cool! errr... pretty hot!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

or for a mere 4.8V, you can get pretty close to that with one of these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11809

Ah yes the p7, I really want to try that.

Ya know with the way things are going with white leds we may just forget about colored leds and go with white leds and use a gel filter in the blade with polyP in it.

I want to do a couple sabers that way cause for one in the daylight the blade looks lit up

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=2922

He said it ws just a small roll of colored gell and has poor results, I think something like poly P in with it would make it pop really well.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

that's awesome i'm going to try some for my stunt sabers as they won't have sound they should have room for more juice

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

These super leds are sweet, but not practical for sabers, at least not right now.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

what about batts, what would you use? and would a ceramic heat sink work a little better?

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

Mr. Abe Lincoln

I think we could make use of that p7 with what we have available to us now.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH KALEL View Post
    what about batts, what would you use? and would a ceramic heat sink work a little better?
    I'm currently working on squeezing a pair of 18650's (7.2V or Lion goodness) into an 11 inch hilt consisting of a choke point, a ribbed+v-grooved section, and a 2-inch extension.. If I can make it fit, that's enough power to drive a p7 for a short period of time, at least. 2500mah is about as good as you're going to get, methinks.. at least in a reasonably sized hilt.

P.S. I think I can get away with a 2 inch extension with a CF board. If I have to use a joe jedi MR board and a buckpuck, it'll definitely need a 3" extension. I love that an 18650 will fit solo inside the choke point MHS piece

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

what kind of LED are you running and may I ask how your doing it exactly, as i am just making this one a light up saber for dueling and don't require alot extras like sound, unless it's do able with out much trouble, i've never left a saber on for more than a half hour so i'm not too worried about runtime on batts or heat really as it won't ever be on for more than 30 mins.

Mr. Abe Lincoln