Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I'm a Seoul man...

in that first pic it's actually possible to discern where the blade film is in the blade, which is unusual.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Marsupial View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean, unless you're pointing out we see the "core" being whither where the film is, and the "glow" being yellower where the wall of the blade is.??

My camera is a Kodak Z740
    http://www.review-shop.com/Kodak_Z74...40_Review.html

there are 2 nice settings for saber pictures: the fireworks and the moonlight portrait.
    its a slow exposure, and my driver does shimmering. Maybe it has impact on the end result.?
    I have the same camera. I have never tried those settings to take saber pictures. Because it doesn't have image stabilization, I usually put it in manual mode and use the quickest shutter speed I can, and adjust the aperture from there.

I have a P4 and a set of the filters from the shop. The P4 is really bright driven the same as Obi-Dar's but mine didn't work well with the filter discs from the shop. I am really tempted to go to wally world in search of something to use similar to what Obi-Dar did. The P4 is really bright IMO.

Obi-Dar, that color is fantastic
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Are there any pics of the P4 using Lee Filters? Seeing that most peopel have stated or commented on how BRIGHT these are... Im assuming it drowns out the lighter colors more now?

I also seem to remember reading that using the darker Lee Filters just werent that bright.. with the P4's will these be more acceptable to use now? (ie: brightening the darker Lee Filter colors now to make them look good)

I have several packs of Lee Filters Ive been waiting to try...

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    I have the same camera. I have never tried those settings to take saber pictures. Because it doesn't have image stabilization, I usually put it in manual mode and use the quickest shutter speed I can, and adjust the aperture from there.
    I never managed a nice picture with manual settings. I guess I'm just not used to it?
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

xl97 check here:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...read.php?t=348

The P4s are brighter than the LuxIII whites. You just need to drive them to get them as bright as they can be.

THey have the same specs as a luxIII but almost twice the lumen output of a k2
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I dout it will drown out colors at 240 lumens if thats what the p4 is, its in the perfect range, the atlas is 270 and it dosent drown out the brighter colors.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeMoel View Post
    I dout it will drown out colors at 240 lumens if thats what the p4 is, its in the perfect range, the atlas is 270 and it dosent drown out the brighter colors.
    Well, that's because:

A) Depends on the filtered color (70% purple filter is a heck of a lot different than a 20% Yellow) AND
    B) It takes a lot of lumens to make a difference because like most things (hearing for one) we see changes not linear, but logarithmically
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    xl97 check here:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...read.php?t=348

The P4s are brighter than the LuxIII whites. You just need to drive them to get them as bright as they can be.
    Thanks Atomic..

wow.. some of those pics.. umm.. Im not too impressed I guess..

Im hoping this is BLADE choice as well?

I dislike the mushroom tops.. and the dark in-between the top and bottom..

Im hoping to get one as even a blade as a can.. (seeing some vids by xwing..etc gives me hope) lol

Im also hoping that using a P4 white and driving it or over driving it somewhat will open up some of the darker colors in my Lee Filters book..

Thanks gang