Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 lumens, 14 mm wide

Default 1000 lumens, 14 mm wide

http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power...84_121_78.html

It's basically 4 Seoul P4s under one dome. Power requirements are a bit steep. Think that would work with a color disk and show good color?

Seoul P7 Emitter
    2.8A multichip Z-LED with ~90lm/W

Diameter: 12mmViewing Angle: 130°Height: 6.54mmEmitting Color: whiteHousing Color: clearLumen typ.: 700Lumen max.: 900Kelvin typ.: 6300mA typ.: 2800 mAV typ.: 3.60 VV max.: 4.20 VWatt: 10,08 W

MY GOD!

2800mah!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Yeah, I'm not qualified to even attempt electronics like that. Maybe TCSS will sell a hilt that holds a car battery.

2.8 Amp... good luck powering that with standard battery pack at full current!
    and... what about poor runtime?

Altough, I'd like to see how the blade looks.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

What about 2 9volts on 3 1amp pucks?

Looks like the max forward voltage was 4.6 volts though. Couldn't you just use a standard 4.8v AA 2600 mah NIMH pack with three 1000ma buckpucks? I mean, you wouldn't get even an hour of runtime, but it'd be bright while it lasted.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    What about 2 9volts on 3 1amp pucks?
    9V's have crappy capacity and ability to put out current. You'll see it die before your eyes.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

2800 MA, but at 4 V (ish). Using the batteries I am for the 10 watt LED it should be possible... 2600 MAH, max draw at 1C. Using 8 batts, in 2 sets of 4 would get you 4.8V at 5200 MA capacity.

The ones I'm using are also 4 LEDS, but with a pair connected in series and the 2 pairs then run from (2) 700 MA buckpucks. That's 1400 MA from 9.6V... roughly equivalent to 2800 MA from 4.8 V if wired that way. (I would like to try to 1000 MA buckpucks too.)

I calculated a run time of between 1 Hr 15 Mins to 1 Hr 45 Mins... depending on how perfect world specs play out in reality. (It's still a work in progress)

Roughly 15$ for a pack of 4 batts.

Portsmouth... The real Portsmouth in the UK :D.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsupial View Post
    Altough, I'd like to see how the blade looks.
    Probably melted and drooping towards the ground .

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we shall have a cup of tea and a nice chat"

(Well what did you expect? I am English after all )

I think it would take something like this to melt a poly carb blade. Iam sure whatever was in the blade would melt so prolly sanding the blade ti diffuse the light would be a must.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Aw8nH9IrM