Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ok, I'm Dumb

To chime in here, it's true that (for the mostpart):

* You must choose specific + & - leads on the LED star in order to get the right alignment

* You must align the LED onto the TCSS heatsink in a certain fashion in order to get the right alignment

* Only with the right alignment will your combination of solder points on the LED, and optics with the little clear nylon screw heads being "out of the way" will things work

It's not really a great way to explain it in words--better with visuals, but... the POINT is... you do indeed have to look & plan carefully before leaping.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

i did do a great deal of aligning but all attempts were in vain. By looking at the pics it seems to me that the Heat sink that has a round hole for the LED would have worked better but I used what I had.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

If you're using a K2, and you got the holder with an opening that kind of looks like a Chevy logo, you have to cut away some of the plastic to make it sit properly.

thats whati had to do. So for my next order would u suggest i go with the other style?

Klaatu, I've had to add extra notches to my lens holders for them to seat properly over the LED. It's more common than you think.